Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Does Glass Water Bottle Work the Best?

teatea121

Cavy Slave
I am in the final stage of setting up a home for my piggies (possibly coming home next week!) Never imagine a glass water bottle would be so expensive in a local pet store. It is the Super Pet Chew Proof Glass Water Bottles that I am interested in. They are cheaper online, but I am not sure if they work.
Waterers for Ferrets, Rabbits & Small Pets: Super Pet Chew Proof Glass Water Bottles

So my question is do they work? Does glass ones work better than plastic ones? I am willing to invest as long as they are worth it.

Thank you in advance for your suggestion.

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
I use the cheap water bottles that you get a wal-mart for like 2 dollars, the 8 ounce ones. I have like 5 of them. I've bought a bunch of different kinds, all a lot more expensive than that, but they like the wal-mart ones best. They also could never get the hang of spring loaded balls in the sipper tubes, they prefer the gravity, they have a lot easier time getting the water out. That's just my pigs though.

Also, my pigs don't chew on their water bottles, I've never heard of pigs chewing on water bottles... so I don't know why it would need to be "chew proof."

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Generally, all of the water bottle "anti-leak" devices wear out eventually so I would think it would be better to go with plastic ones which would be much cheaper than glass ones. I've never had a problem with chewing either after 3 pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.