Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Breeder busted!

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
Today was such a busy day at my shelter. Cops just busted a backyard breeder! There were 7 male golden retrievers, 11 female golden retrievers, 5 male ferret and 12 female ferrets. We're glad we didn't find them any late because there was no food,filthy water and we just got around 2 feet of snow. Our 2 vets are checking them out. So far we have one golden with a infection and 1 with a broken leg. It just made me sick when I walked in. It was a horrible site.

Thats terrible. Can you post some pics of the new beauties? I'm a sucker for doggies!

Kudos to you for helping out the poor things!

An untreated broken leg!! My gosh people! Its all about money for them. I am so glad you busted them...this kind of stuff is disgusting.

I hope you mark up the vet's prices like 800% & bill it to that "busted breeder". It is their animals, under their ownership... I am sure it is legal to charge them with the bills.

That is possibly a good way to deter people from not treating their animals to medical help... that if they got busted for not "taking care" of their animals health-wise... they get charge with all the extras.

If the fire department were to charge for false alarm, police charge a person for traffic ticket, the U.S. justice system charge one for court charges... I think it is only right that these vet bills get charged to these breeders when they are caught skimping on their vet visits for their animals.

But only just my thought!

Oh yeah we'll definitely be billing him.

Awesome 5guinea5pig5!

When I read about stuff like this I always think it would be a great deal more satisfying if the breeders/abusers were forced to live in the conditions their animals were found in, in addition to any penalties/fees or jail time they might face.

The breeder did have a horrible house. So basically they were faced to live in horrible conditions. There was mold all over the basement (luckily the animals weren't aloud to go down there). Mold on the food, filthy water etc. I don't know how they could live like that...

That's why every county needs a Sheriff Joe.

Here's a Snopes article about him: snopes.com: Sheriff Joe Arpaio

We have a "tent city" for those facing DUI's and things like that, which I am sure can really suck in Phoenix in the summertime. He also made a no-kill shelter for abused animals in what used to be a jail downtown. It's got a/c and nice comfy places for the animals.

Thanks for being a part of helping rescue all those animals, 555.

Hey, that Sheriff Joe sounds like a pretty cool guy. Love the no kill shelter part especially. And walked twice a day, thats pretty darn good, considering they are completely staffed by inmates. We should take all of the people in jail and put them to work in the animal world. It would do wonders for our shelters...although I would worry a bit about the owners' safety.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.