Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ideas for table for 2x4 CC cage

muffet77

Cavy Slave
I am a new cavy owner. My daughter wanted to get a guinea pig so we adopted Gus, and we just got Bugsy a 6wk old male. Gus is in love! lol

Any way I have the grids to make a 2x4 C&C cage but not sure on what kind of table to put it on? or any ideas how to keep it off the floor.

I have a lil boy 18mo who loves the piggies but there cage def. needs to be up higher for both child and piggy safety.

Alanna a new cavy slave! :D

You can use grids to make a grid stand. You could use a table like (broken link removed). I don't know what else you could use, but there are probably other things you could use to.

I was thinking a table like at hotels like a banquet table. Or its probably cheaper to just use grids. Just a little cautious they might not be sturdy enough from my 18mo old!

What are your cages on?

I am in the same boat. I don't have any piggies yet but I am building a 2x4 cage with my inquisitive 18 mo toddler in mind!

I love how we keep Clover's cage off the ground- milkcrates! You can get plastic ones at an office supply store like Staples. We have a 2x4 also, and we use 5 milkcrates. There are 3 across the back and then one on either side on the front. The front center portion underneath the cage is where we store food, hay, etc. We found this to be even cheaper than grids!

I bought a table from Walmart. It was $25. When I finally upgrade to a 2x4 (need the second piggie first) there will be some over hang but I don't think it will make it unsturdy, granted there are no kids or other animals in the apartment.

I think that the milkcrates or extra grids will be your best bet money wise. If you are looking to get them up higher a table might be the best way to go. Only hard part about a table is getting it to be the right size and high enough for them, but low enough for you to get them in and out easily.

I used a coffee table from Goodwill, and some extra grids along the front to deter my toddler from crawling under. Now that he's going on 3, he's much better about the whole thing, and will even crawl under there when one of the pigs runs away during floortime, and chases them out!

My mom wants to find kitchen cabinets that somebody is getting rid (preferably) of to put the cage on, since I have a one YO little brother, so it will be higher up.

I am using an old office table from IKEA that I had. It's not quite long enough so there is a slight overhang, but only a few cm. I'm going to try to find a table cloth to put on it so it will look nicer.

Right now I am using 2 dining room tables one for each 2 x 4 which are side by side and made into one huge 4 x 4 cage. Now moving it is the hard part.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.