Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Good news!

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave
Guinea pig handleing sessions?

How long should a guinea pig be handled and for how many days a week.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Re: Guinea pig handleing sessions?

Guinea pigs like human interaction, and should be provided an 1-2 hours of floortime per day. I give my pigs 3 hours of playtime after soccer practice. Usually they are let free in my room with tunnels, hideys, a couple treats and some toys. I will do my homework while they are loose, and so they get to have my attention, and I get my homework done (although I have been known to cram on the bus because I spend to much time with the piggies, lol). They can be handled and cuddled every day, although the exercise is the most important part. I cuddle with each pig for about 20 minutes before going back in the cage.

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

Ok thanks the pig is kinda growing on me it let me pet its snout the other day but,my reptiles are more interesting compared to the guinea pig. Well I doubt my brother will spend that much time with the guinea pig but,if I'm done with the reptiles cage maintance & handling sessions I might go down and sit with the guinea pig for a minute.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave

I'm not trying to attack you or anything (I'm done with that), but if the piggie will not be able to recieve the necessary care, maybe you should consider rehoming her (if its a him, sorry, but I think I remember you said it was a girl in the other thread).

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

I'm not trying to attack you or anything (I'm done with that), but if the piggie will not be able to recieve the necessary care, maybe you should consider rehoming her (if its a him, sorry, but I think I remember you said it was a girl in the other thread).

Yes its a she. I'm going to talk to my mom when she gets back she probably won't listen but I might as well try.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave

I'm sure if you give your mother enough information, she will realize that the pig either needs more care or to be rehomed. Where are you located? I might be interested in taking her if you are near me.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave

SC - If you're near me and looking to rehome that poor thing, I will take her.

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

I'm in tn along way from new york & oregon. I also think I forgot to mention its name is rexie but,I call her bed head & another name that you wouldn't like. Anyway I guess I might be able to convince my mom but I don't know for sure.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave

I live in upstate Ny, whereabouts are you between New York and Oregon?

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

Well your not gonna like this I talked to my mom and she refuses to rehome the guinea pig. I tried I really did but she wouldn't budge.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave

Well your not gonna like this I talked to my mom and she refuses to rehome the guinea pig. I tried I really did but she wouldn't budge.

What exactly are the reasons? Is she just going to wait till the poor things dead from neglect?!

theresaj

Cavy Slave

I think the Guinea Pig will grow on you SC. :) I had not had much of an interest in them but when Frankie came to me he stole my heart from day one.

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

Well I guess she is just waiting for it to die because I can't think of any other reason. I'm not going to be the guinea pigs new owner I'm strictly a reptile guy(I also like tarantulas). I don't really know what to do it looks like I'm stuck careing for it but it comes last reptiles first.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave

Well I guess she is just waiting for it to die because I can't think of any other reason. I'm not going to be the guinea pigs new owner I'm strictly a reptile guy(I also like tarantulas). I don't really know what to do it looks like I'm stuck careing for it but it comes last reptiles first.

I beleive in another thread you said you lived with your grandparents? Could your grandparents help you out with dear little Rexie?

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

I beleive in another thread you said you lived with your grandparents? Could your grandparents help you out with dear little Rexie?

My grand parents are the owners of the house and my primary guardians and they agree my brother shouldn't have any pets but my mom pays rent and splits some of the bills and they can't convince her either so theres really nothing they can do. As for the guinea pig I'll do what I can but again my reptiles come first.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave

Keep talking to your mother. If people are willing to provide a loving, kind, safe, healthy home for the poor thing, why isn't she willing to take advantage of that? Is she just going to let it sit there until it dies of neglect?? Please talk to your mother some more. Why, exactly, will she not rehome the thing anyway? If its about your brother, he obviously needs to learn responsibility, and if he can't provide adequate care for the pig, then there is no reason for him to keep the pig.

katiewilson

Cavy Slave

My grand parents are the owners of the house and my primary guardians and they agree my brother shouldn't have any pets but my mom pays rent and splits some of the bills and they can't convince her either so theres really nothing they can do. As for the guinea pig I'll do what I can but again my reptiles come first.

Okay, okay, you don't like guinea pigs...GOT IT.

You know all of those links for super duper general and basic guinea pig care questions that everyone provided for you on the last thread of yours that irritated everyone until a mod finally closed it down? Yeah, those will work here, too.

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave

I jotted down some info from the caresheets and gave it to her aznd I already said thanks. I don't understand why she just wants to keep it I have few oppurtinities to talk to her because shes always planning another trip or something else. I'll do what I can alright.

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave
Well I would have posted in the other thread on handling guinea pigs but I hate to resurect a dead thread. Anyway my grandma is going to talk to my mom when she gets back(they went to ohio again and they probably won't be back till next sunday)about finding another home for the guinea pig. The guinea pig wasn't suppost to be here anyway but ofcourse my brother just had to have it so they drug it in one night.

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
I'm very glad SC. Hopefully and no offense to you, but hopefully your brother will NEVER have a pet of his own and your mother won't be so irresponsible.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.