Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I just joined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Please don't give your piggie to your reptile store. That ensure your piggie almost certain death as some snakes next meal. Do a google search to find your nearest Human Society, Guinea Pig Rescue or Animal Shelter. But whatever you do DO NOT give her to a pet store of any sort, that's just cruel!

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave
Please don't give your piggie to your reptile store. That ensure your piggie almost certain death as some snakes next meal. Do a google search to find your nearest Human Society, Guinea Pig Rescue or Animal Shelter. But whatever you do DO NOT give her to a pet store of any sort, that's just cruel!

The pet store I go to is very knowledgable on mammals and reptiles. They don't throw everything that has fur in the snake cage yes they do have a few that are being stubborn and are having to feed live but they'll get them switched soon alot of them are baby snakes and its common for some babies(especialy colubrids)to be finicky eaters they also have a few customers that feed live but thats what they breed lab mice for. Anyway they'll take good care of it if they decide to take it or I can always take the guinea pig to a shelter.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
As I have seen a few members have offered to take your piggie for you. Why not post a listing on this site once you get your mother's approval and do that or give to a rescue.

Enough feathers have been ruffled on this site and the last thing the members want to hear is that your are giving it to a reptile store, where even if the owner himself doesn't turn her into snake food a customer will, whether the owner knows it or not.

Your piggie stands a much better chance of having a second shot at a good life if she gets brought to a shelter than if she gets brought to a pet store of any kind. Rescues are where most experienced and responsible cavy owners search for new additions to their heards. And even though you make not like your brothers pig you certainly like her enough to keep coming to this site to make sure that while she is in your home she gets the best care possible, since your realize that after all she is a living, breathing thing and deserves love, attention and proper care like all animals.

You can also place an ad on craig's list, and you being a reptile fan, will know how to spot people buying pigs for food and can make sure she goes to a loving home.

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave
Well I won't always be able to tell since alot of HOT(venomouse)keepers prefer to be discreat so I won't always know but most reptile people will say whats gonna be a pet and whats gonna be food. I'll see what I can do and just for the record I may be taking care the rodent but thats just because if it dies I'll be blamed so don't think i'm just doing this for the rodent. I don't want to start an argument.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I'll see what I can do and just for the record I may be taking care the rodent but thats just because if it dies I'll be blamed so don't think i'm just doing this for the rodent

Well, if that's not the most selfish thing I've ever heard... Taking care of an animal to save yourself a scolding.

Janelle

Cavy Slave
Well, forbid it that we might think you're just a decent guy!

SNAKE CHARMER

Cavy Slave
Well, if that's not the most selfish thing I've ever heard... Taking care of an animal to save yourself a scolding.

Yeah I know pretty low but I got my own hobby of herpeculture(care of reptiles and/or amphibians)and I have my own pets to care for.

katiewilson

Cavy Slave
Well I won't always be able to tell since alot of HOT(venomouse)keepers prefer to be discreat so I won't always know but most reptile people will say whats gonna be a pet and whats gonna be food. I'll see what I can do and just for the record I may be taking care the rodent but thats just because if it dies I'll be blamed so don't think i'm just doing this for the rodent. I don't want to start an argument.

Ick, what was the point of that? Didn't someone politely ask you to try to stop referring to guinea pigs as "rodents," by the way, lest it offend those that love their piggies?

Should the opportunity to rehome your brother's guinea pig present itself, I can't imagine any possible reason why you wouldn't attempt to rehome her through the help of those on this site (or at least your local rescues). With people offering to pick it up themselves, you won't even have to burn a calorie to do what this site's members believe to be the right thing.

No argument necessary.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Okay, this has gone on long enough.

Snake Charmer doesn't care about the guinea pig. He's not going to upgrade it's care and it doesn't look like he even has an interest in placing it into a quality home--he'd rather dump it at a petstore.

I don't feel like educating someone who is completely apathetic and I don't see the point in there being any more discussion.

If someone thinks they can rescue this animal (which may or may not exist) please contact Snake Charmer through PMs.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.