Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bedding and good quality hay in kent

Hi

My guineas are currently on shavings but after reading threads on this forum i want to change to a better quality bedding. Also i buy meadow hay and mix in some burgess timothy hay with danelion. The quality of the meadow i buy is getting bad and it looks brown. My boys don't really like it. The timothy hay is quite expensive and doesn't really last very long.

I have looked on several websites and not really sure what is the best for them. If there is anyone here that lives in kent and knows a great supplier of bedding and hay i would be grateful if some advice could be offered.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    38 Rec'd/24 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: bedding and good quality hay in kent

You can get a good quality but not over expensive meadow hay from the Hay Experts:
    https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Hays...cq0afm5huuo0a6

I've used that for quite a while as South Yorkshire isn't a great hay-growing area at the best of times and last year was pretty much a write-off.
    The new season's hay should be coming into stock soon - it may be that you're buying the end of last season's crop and that's why it's so brown.

If you want to buy Timothy in bulk you could try the Hay Experts, sphsupplies.co.uk, chinchilla degu rabbit food or Thistle Cavies. It's much cheaper per kg if you but it in bulk but you do need somewhere to store it.

For bedding I use Megazorb.
    Look on Megazorb - probably the best bedding on earth ! and Northern Crop Driers: Graze-On and Megazorb to look for stockists or phone an equestrian supplies shop to see if they can get it for you. Or lots of people use fleece which is easily available.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: bedding and good quality hay in kent

Hi

Many thanks for the links. I have been on the websites and have ordered my boys some sample kits of hay. They should be here in the next few days. I thought that might be best to see what they like.

Unfortuanatley i tried to see who stocks megazorb but they are not near me so i think i will try ordering the bales on the internet.

Many thanks again

User Tag List