Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

does Bactrim need to be refrigerated?

willowfaery

Cavy Slave
My vet prescribed Bactrim for Willow and I was wondering if it needs to be refrigerated. It's also called sulfa/trimeth. It's a pink liquid antibiotic. It doesn't say to refrigerate it on the label and when I called the vet the receptionist said that if it needed to be it would say to. I just wanted to check and make sure though since I didn't speak with the vet.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
No. It needs to be stored at room temperature.

gooberific

Cavy Slave
My vet prescribed Bactrim for Willow and I was wondering if it needs to be refrigerated. It's also called sulfa/trimeth. It's a pink liquid antibiotic. It doesn't say to refrigerate it on the label and when I called the vet the receptionist said that if it needed to be it would say to. I just wanted to check and make sure though since I didn't speak with the vet.

Good to know it's a sulfa med. If my piggies ever have to have it, then I have to put my hubby to work so I don't get hives.

camende

Cavy Slave
No refrigeration needed...It's a suspension so you just need to shake it up before you use it each time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.