Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n What to do with leather, wool, etc. after becoming vegan

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
I think I would be more behind the VHEMT thing if I hadn't seen the movie Idiocracy. Basic premise is that all the intelligent people realize the overpopulation problem and how much work it is to raise kids, etc., and stop having them. So who is left? All the idiots. Two average people that accidentally get cryogenically frozen until this future end up being super-geniuses comparatively. It's supposed to be humor, but I saw it more as extremely depressing horror... it's almost like it's a smart person's DUTY to breed if that is what we might look forward to.

Less drastically- if you don't want to breed yourself, you should adopt lots of kids to pass the message along. Otherwise the movement dies out. Like the Shakers. Perhaps adopt one smart kid (to keep it going) and then a ton of idiots. ;)

CF#5
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Weatherlight

Cavy Slave
Before one starts implying that some children are hopeless--genetically determined stupid, irresponsible, selfish idiots--speak for yourself. Thank you.

P.S. Someone I know comes from a background of idiots. Other than his father's father, they are all drug addicts--alcohol, heroin, benzos, you name it. The aforementioned exception is a stupid, slow, ignorant, rich, arrogant, racist, selfish control freak. The guy's mother apparently didn't know how to use birth control. He grew up learning about how to cheat the welfare system, how it feels to be left alone at home--completely forgotten about--to starve for days at a time, and trying to predict who would next be jailed or hospitalized when.

When he was about 6 years old, he was taken to a testing center, the youngest of a group of "gifted" children in the school district. No one told him what his IQ score was (or much of anything else) at that age; what he did know that he finished first, and he answered everything correctly except for one (he knew the correct answer but made a mistake marking it). His parents refused to allow him to skip grades. In high school, he was administered a second IQ test. He scored off the chart (180+). He wasn't much interested in these stupid numbers, so he declined a second test to pinpoint his IQ. He accepted a full scholarship to UIUC.

Please don't encourage his relatives--with such superior genes and potential--to breed more so the world may avoid an Idiocracy future. Just don't.

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
Eh, I'm not what I should be, nature or nurture. I don't think anyone really blames the kids.

Weatherlight

Cavy Slave
Perhaps adopt one smart kid (to keep it going) and then a ton of idiots.

?

Not funny.

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
I know you can donate furs to PETA
Attn.: Fur Campaign
PETA
501 Front St.
Norfolk, VA 23510

They provide coats to freezing children in Afganistan and other needy countries. They may take all your items. Go to PETA.com and click on contact info.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.