Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hamster Food?

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
I think the rescued hamsters are coming in this weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good brand of hamster food? If so, where can I find it?

I just read someone recommending Harry's Hamster food. Is that a good brand? Is there a difference between Harry's and Hazel's?

Thanks so much!!

YANGLiCiOUS

Cavy Slave
Sluis and Harry Hamster are good choices.
Remember to remove Dried Yellow Corns, they can trap bacterias and cause cancer in hamsters on long terms.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Harry's and Hazels are the same thing, and they are both very good.

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure what brand, but I know that most mouse food is better for hamsters, and most hamster food is better for mice. Not sure what brands though, sorry.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I always fed Harry/Hazel hamster food. They are the same thing just under 2 different names.

Rachel-LLT

Cavy Slave
Skinny Pig,
Hello this is Rachel with Life Long Tails, hello again:)
I wanted to let you know that this person did contact me about a week ago maybe more about surrendering her hamsters to us. I did agree to take them, and I even told her not to place them on craiglist (especially for free) and why not ( snake food, cat toy, bad owners,,etc) She thanked me for the prompt reply and told me she would conact me and drop them off after the holidays. It was to my dismay that I saw she had placed them on Craiglist anyway and for free! She doesn't even know what kind of hamsters they are she calls them syrian dwarf hamsters which are two different types, Syrian are your larger kinds, and then there are dwarfs who are very different. We alway have many hamsters here, mainly the dwarfs, I am accustomed to sexing them and separating according to sex and personlity. If they are syrians they will need to be kept by themsleves. I did agree to take these little guys in a while ago, and I have a feeling this person didn't let you know that. If you need help with them, I have still been planning to take them in. It was discouraging to see that she still put them on Ciagslist and them didn't follow up with me to boot.. even to let me know she found someone else. I think it was about 9 or 10 hamsters? If you feel overwhelmed with that amount I am still willing to help the little ones. I am used to a large count of hammies in the house:D

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for all of your help!

Rachel, I just sent you an email! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.