Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Trait or just adorable?

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
One of my pigs does that, Charlie, he'll start tugging on clothes and getting real fidgety, Josephine will full on bite you and the other 3 will just go :)

Wheekie

Trace_n_Ripley

Cavy Slave
Since when are guinea pigs not smart?? Not only do my girls tell us when they have to go (Trace nibbles and Ripley grinds her teeth) they also trained themselves to go upstairs in their house (where I put them when I clean at night) when they notice that I'm cleaning. They even seem to tell time and frequently go upstairs at the usual time, even if I haven't started cleaning (this was a bit of an issue when the time changed). I then get these looks when I start cleaning like "What took you so long? You were due down here 15 minutes ago!" Then, of course, there is the wheeking for the veggies... People are often surprised when I tell them this (and I tell EVERYONE). Mostly it's that they've never been owned by a small animal before.

Wheekie

vics2004

Cavy Slave
I defintely agree. I have been home all day recently, I noticed our piggies come to the front of the cage when it's time for my Husband to come home, it's funny.

Guinea_Piggin

Cavy Slave
Twizzler will just nip a couple times, when he has to go. Oliver, on the other hand, will headbutt whatever part of you is closest to him. And if you still don't get the signal, then he'll climb up your chest and bite your lip, then chitter until you put him back.

I think they're a lot smarter than people realize. All is quiet (aside from the occasional tiff) while I sleep...but the minute I wake up and pull up the room-darkening shade Twizzler and Oliver are both standing up at the side of the cage waiting for me to fill their food dishes. If I wait longer than 10 seconds, Twizzler will scream until I feed them! Guess this goes to show who owns who in this house, heh. lol

Sugar

Cavy Slave
Your lucky they let you know they need to go - my four just go :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.