Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggies are fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Thanks Piglet, I just hope it gets through to him.I hope your dream goes well, Angelscavies! It sounds wonderful. Have you looked for an akita/schnauzer rescue around your home? Many breeds have specialized rescues for them.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
never thought of that. But whats wrong with a mixed breed too. I think that mixed breed are cuter too. doc, thank you.

Last edited:

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I agree, but if your father needs an akita or schnauzer, than he could try those. You might also want to mention that mixed breeds have less chance of diseases because the disease prevalent in one breed, say a dalmation's blindness, could be a recessive gene to one in a lab, so if you bred a dalmation and lab the blind gene would be negated by the lab's genes. Where if you bred two dalmations there would be more of a chance of blindness. It's hard to explain, but I hope you got it.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I get what you are saying. Its like breeding a dal piggie to a dal piggie you could get a blind piggie. There was a storey about that in one of these threads.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Good, just try it on him and drop the line "You won't have to go to the vet as much" somewhere in there. I'm pretty sure vet bills are a concern.

Guinea pig guy
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I know what the bible tells me too. I am a Christain my self too. I know what you are saying but Im just gonna keep my mouth shut so I dont get banded but yes I agree with you too but breeding is one and neglect is the other too. I jsut dont like to argue its all.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
doc I am gonna try again with my dad when I see him.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
The sows have a natural instinct to take care of their children, it's been programmed into their genes. Often times animals do push away their young. It doesn't say whether or not they enjoyed having pups, it's whether or not the animals think the pups might live. Runts are often not fed and need special care because the animal thinks that it won't live. I'm sorry to say this but animals don't think as deeply as humans. Yes, they have feelings and I care for them very deeply, but in the wild there are certain circumstances that stayed with them. And maybe you'l have to learn from your mistakes when one of your favorite pigs dies from pregnancy toxemia. "You don't learn from books or sites" WRONG. I have learned so much from this site and GL, it's invaluable. I would rather learn from this than from my own mistakes because, guess what, I did once. I neglected in giving my pigs the right veggies and enough vitamin C and one of them died from Scurvy. I wanted to kill myself because of it. I couldn't sleep for weeks because I would simply sob. I would rather learn the way that won't endanger my pigs, thanks much.

And also, you act like you're the only Christian out there, and I hate to have to retaliate with religion, and please forgive me cavyspirit, but SERIOUSLY! I too am a Christian. Noah brought two animals, one of each sex, because they would be the only ones left. You're making a fool of yourself thinking that we would go to hell because we choose not to put our pigs in danger. You are using God as a shield, sir. Every thing we say you retaliate with some story from the bible that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic. You should learn to respect the idea that some people do NOT believe in the Christian God. I have several friends of different minorities, religions, races, you name it, and I do not preach them about how they live. And I can't believe that you would actually step FOOT in a shelter when you support breeding. You don't feel guilty when those big eyes look up at you? You support the process that made it so hard for them to find a home. Those guinea pigs live in hell because people like you made it that way. Face it, if anyone is the bad guy in this situation, it would be you. I never try to start arguments on this board, but currently, you are being a complete moron.

Last edited:

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
And please don't ban me for the above post, I just said what I felt was needed.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I dont want to see you banned either doc and neither do I want to get banned thats why I kept my mouth shut. But omg wow you really let it out though doc. I was brought up in a catholic house hold until I got married. My husband and his family are Christians and so is my parents. but no more religen. I dont want to get banned. I love this site. Sorry Thresa but dont bann me or doc.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I am sorry if anything in that post was uncalled for, but after everything we said it's just infuriating that he retaliates with passages from the bible and he thinks that's good enough. Well I'm sorry, but it isn't! You are endangering a guinea pigs life by breeding, and it's incredibly unneseccary, too.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah I know what you are saying too. My husband dont like the idea of breeding and God didnt say breed everyday and he didnt say kill all. so enough about religen. I dont want any more animals in a shelter and too many are.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Yes, I agree. No more r*. This site is too informative to lose my membership here, and I would hate it if I did. And just in case, I might as well suck up and say, wow this site is awesome, Theresa!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Teresa

Lock the thread please. Guinea Pig Guy, the bible thumping, Guinea pig abusing, Dense troll that he is can't stop with the religious rubbish.

If the thread isn't locked I will end up following my inclination to "educate" him on his own religion (something I am very good at, but it tends to upset Christians). Innocent people will get VERY upset with me.

I'm trying hard to hold my tongue, but it's getting hard. Save everyone from me and lock it down.

Thanx
Elly

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.