Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Macrobiotics

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
Does anyone here follow the Macrobiotic diet?? I'm starting it today...I was wondering what everyone else thought of it.

Thanx in advance.

-Andrea

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
What is the Macrobiotic diet???? =S

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I don't know what it is either.

Treen

Cavy Slave
Here's come more info (broken link removed). Looks interesting - let us know how you get on with it sofiemuffins.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
well, after reading more about Macrobiotics I've decided to do my own hybred version of it. Starting yesterday morning I've cut all meat (including fish), dairy, animal products, sugars, and processed foods (including all white flour and rice). Macrobiotics is a little crazy, it's very feng shui. You're even supposed to use certain cooking utensils, and no microwaves! It's sort of like a vegan diet, but more involved...I feel good today! and Miso soup is amazing! I love it, most Macrobiotic followers have Miso soup 1-2 times a day.

I'll keep you guys posted, I'm still learning about it.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Wow, that's cool. I don't think it's right for me now, but I really hope you have luck with it!

Treen

Cavy Slave
sofiemuffins said:
Miso soup is amazing! I love it, most Macrobiotic followers have Miso soup 1-2 times a day.

Have you got a recipe? My dad tried it a while back and said it was foul, so I've never got around to trying it! But it was probably just a bad recipe (or a bad cook maybe!).

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
so...update on my diet! It's going great! I'm eating so healthy, and I love all the food! I've found some receipes for Miso soup that calls for some kind of sea vegetable that I'm not sure where to get it! I've already lost 8.5 pounds on this diet! I'd like to loose about 10 more. I'll have to see what Miso receipes I have, if you're interested?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well. However, I think I'll stick to my plan just now, because I can't really afford to lose anything at this point in time. Thanks for the updates, and I'd love to hear the recipes!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I would like to know.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
The macrobiotics diet is going well. Although I have made some changes! I've cut any and all sugar (expect for natural sugar found in fruits), I've cut all animal products, but I just can't and wont stop drinking Coffee! I do get it black now instead of with cream and sugar, it's not bad-but it's not good either! I feel great, If anyone is interested in receipes, you should go to:

(broken link removed)
https://www.cybermacro.com/

Also the book, Hip chick's guide to Macrobiotics is interesting also.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the links! Also, you do know that you can get Silk soymilk creamer and whipped cream, right? If you don't want sugar, well, I guess you'll have to skip that. However, it's vegan I believe, so if you're just wary of animal products you can use these. Good luck keeping it all up!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.