Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Holding convictions everywhere?

Heidi, what part of the United States are you from? I am guessing a bible belt state, but I think it would help everyone to know where you are coming from. In speaking with you, I do not think you would say anything to intentionally upset anyone, I think you are right-you just have not been exposed to alot of things we discuss here. I'm from Baltimore, MD and I know we are a very liberal-open minded state-there isn't too much predjudice here-it exists but it isn't the acceptable standard-and I love that. I'm glad you joined because I think you could have a whole new "world" so to speak, opened up by staying with the discussions and hearing our many different viewpoints.

I'm actually from California, but grew up in Arizona.

I have been in the church my whole life guys. All my friends and teachers ( I went to a small Christian school, which I loved), classmates, people I work with...everyone shares the same beliefs as me. I just started college at ASU, and even there I'm struggling to write papers that aren't based on my "Bible" beliefs but rather based on the thigns I beleive BECAUSE of my "Bilbe" beleifs. Like I have said, my faith and beliefs are such a part of me, that this is really a huge struggle for me. I SO hope I don't offend anyone here. Because I really love talking to all of you! You guys are wonderful people. And I am learning alot. So, thank you for being patient.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.