Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Smile Hello from Texas!

Hello! My name is Amy, I am 18 years old, and I am originally from Upstate New York. I moved to Northern Arizona in 2005, and just recently had to temporarily move to Texas for a little while (well, I will be this Saturday!).

I have two male piggies by the names of Mace and Merlin. I beleive they are around 5 months old.

I had always someday wanted piggies, but I didn't expect to get them so soon!...

One day I went into a local mom & pop pet store and a guy was trying to pawn off a little 5 week old piggie to the pet store. The pet store wasn't taking him, so I took him in. His name became Merlin .

I read a bit about piggies after getting Merlin home and realized he would soon need a friend. I very doubtfully called our local Humane Society to see if they had any male piggies.....and they did! I went in and picked out Mace...a 10 week (at the time) male piggie.

Piggies are not my specialty, rabbits are! I am a moderator on . I came on here to try to learn more about my piggies, since they are still really shy and I would like to learn how to properly care for them.

- Amy (Mace and Merlin)
    Last edited by Susan9608; 06-05-07 at 05:38 pm. Reason: editing out link until moderators can check it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    65 Rec'd/48 Posts

Re: Hello from Texas!

Welcom, You came to the right place to learn all you can about piggies and how addicting they are, I have 7 sows(females) myself. If /when you have questions/concerns please ask or you can do a forum search. There are alot of knowledgable people here who can help and answer your questions. Oh, BTW, piggy pigtures are a must, we love pictures If you don't mind me asking, where in Upstate NY were you from? I live in Western NY area.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

I can take some more pictures tomorrow and post them =].

For now here is some older pictures....

Here's the boys...

Baby Mace...

Baby Merlin...

I am from Johnstown, New York .

- Amy (Mace and Merlin)

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator! VoodooJoint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3,254 Rec'd/801 Posts

I'm sorry but you will not be allowed to post your link on the forums as it contains breeding and showing how-to and encouragement.

This site is pro-rescue. We do not believe in breeding in an overpopulated world where animals are put to death every day for want of a home.
    Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You can't let the world judge you too much.

Maude from Harold and Maude

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

I understand. I didn't think the link would be that much of a concern.

I am sorry.

User Tag List