Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Texas!

undergunfire

Cavy Slave
Hello! My name is Amy, I am 18 years old, and I am originally from Upstate New York. I moved to Northern Arizona in 2005, and just recently had to temporarily move to Texas for a little while (well, I will be this Saturday!).

I have two male piggies by the names of Mace and Merlin. I beleive they are around 5 months old.

I had always someday wanted piggies, but I didn't expect to get them so soon!...

One day I went into a local mom & pop pet store and a guy was trying to pawn off a little 5 week old piggie to the pet store. The pet store wasn't taking him, so I took him in. His name became Merlin :).

I read a bit about piggies after getting Merlin home and realized he would soon need a friend. I very doubtfully called our local Humane Society to see if they had any male piggies.....and they did! I went in and picked out Mace...a 10 week (at the time) male piggie.

Piggies are not my specialty, rabbits are! I am a moderator on :cheerful:. I came on here to try to learn more about my piggies, since they are still really shy and I would like to learn how to properly care for them.

- Amy (Mace and Merlin) :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Welcom, You came to the right place to learn all you can about piggies and how addicting they are, I have 7 sows(females) myself. If /when you have questions/concerns please ask or you can do a forum search. There are alot of knowledgable people here who can help and answer your questions. Oh, BTW, piggy pigtures are a must, we love pictures:) If you don't mind me asking, where in Upstate NY were you from? I live in Western NY area.

undergunfire

Cavy Slave
I can take some more pictures tomorrow and post them =].

For now here is some older pictures....

Here's the boys...

Baby Mace...

Baby Merlin...

I am from Johnstown, New York :cheerful:.

- Amy (Mace and Merlin) :love:

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry but you will not be allowed to post your link on the forums as it contains breeding and showing how-to and encouragement.

This site is pro-rescue. We do not believe in breeding in an overpopulated world where animals are put to death every day for want of a home.

undergunfire

Cavy Slave
I understand. I didn't think the link would be that much of a concern.

I am sorry.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.