Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stuffed Animals

poufmomma

Cavy Slave
lol How are piggies with stuffed animals? Do they act better with them? Do they chew on them? How big if I did get one for Pouf? I have seen alot of pictures with piggies and stuffed animals...just wondering...

I've heard it depends on the piggie's personality. I've heard you can take the stuffing out and replace it with litter.

My piggie, Max cuddles with a sock of mine. He takes it in his Cuddle Cup and sleep with it.

I have one piggy (lots of time spent with her, big cage, ect., I'm not allowed to get a second.) and I was just wondering if she would like it as something to snuggle with. She likes her little cozy (looks like a small kitten bed), so she may like a stuffed animal...

I tried a sock and a stuffed sock but it was ignored. One of my pigs was really lonely for her quarentining period as I don't think that she was ever along for that long so I put in a small stuffed koala about her size and she would always cuddle up with it as if it was another pig. :)

I haven't noticed any of my pigs chewing on their stuffed animals. They just love having their teddy bears.
You want one that is big enough for them to rest their head on, but not too big. I have a beanie baby in my sow cages, but in the boar cage I have a teddy bear that is about 9" tall as there is usually more than one pig snuggling with it at a time....Sometimes all 4 of them gather around and pick a stuffed leg to rest their head on.

Okay. Thanks! I think I may give her a beanie baby and watch to make sure she does not chew on it.

That is a great idea. I didn't think to put a stuffed animal in with my Izzy.

Thank you for the idea

That is a great idea. I didn't think to put a stuffed animal in with my Izzy.

Thank you for the idea

My Rose is a cuddler but since I have classes during the day we only got to snuggle at night so I put a giant stuffed animal in her cage and she new uses it as a cuddle toy and curls up between the stuffed toys front feet to take a nap.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.