Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

International sweetie swap

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Thanks for posting that. I saved the recipe and will certainly have to give it a try. Looks like how my mom makes peanut butter fudge. This isn't her recipe but it shows how similar it is to the tablet. mmmmmmmmmmm Peanut Butter Lovers.com

I will let you know how it comes out!

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Hydro I got your package just now! I have yet to dig in but it looks yummy so far!

I find it interesting that we don't have Girl Scouts, we have Girl Guides - but they have some similar cookies!

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
Darn I surely thought those would be original! lol

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Well they are not exactly the same. This time of year they only sell the creme filled sandwich kind of cookie. In the winter they sell the chocolate mint ones, but they have kind of have a white minty thing in the middle. The Girl Scout ones you sent are like the old style of chocolate mint cookies the Girl Guides used to sell in the early 90's.

The Nerds and Kisses we have here, but everything else was new to me!

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
Ok I admit, I just wanted hershey kisses and was trying to keep myself from eating the whole bag!

fairysari

Cavy Slave
This-lil-piggy, I got your package today! It was extra exciting because I had no idea we had mail delivery on Saturdays. Good timing, because hydro's package is all gone except for the mints now (which are lighting up the candy dish like the box promised!). Thanks so much both of you guys, this swap was awesome!

I took pictures of the stuff in both packages, but I have to have a look for my camera cable.... The instant grits made us laugh, and the piggies loved their treat too! I am saving it for a special occasion or something now though.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Daft - I hope you have received your packages by now. I'm very eager to hear what you thought. I felt bad that I couldn't find the rainbow Nerds you asked for, but if I come across some, I'll shoot them off to you straight away.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Awesome! I was beginning to wonder if it was going to make it. Now that you have it, I'll explain the sweet cornbread and hush puppy mixes.... Combined together, those make the best cornbread ever! I put a cast iron skillet in the oven with a little oil and let it preheat to about 410 degrees. I mix the two mixes together, along with what each package calls for. Pour the batter into your heated skillet and bake until it is a nice brown on top. It is soooooooooo good!
Was everything else in the package things you don't have there? I'm sorry that I just couldn't cram any cookie crisp in -- I didn't want the piggies to miss out on the KM hay, and both things just wouldn't fit in that envie. LOL

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
We have rainbow nerds here at our freds store! Need some? ;)

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
this_lil_piggy.... what kind of cornmeal/hush puppy mix do you use? I always love a good cornbread recipe!

Sari... the cuddle cup makes the best fort! Duncan likes to flip it over and sleep under it but Starbuck like to flip it back and sleep in it. They ignore the other cuddle cups, yours is in high demand.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Thanks for posting that. I saved the recipe and will certainly have to give it a try. Looks like how my mom makes peanut butter fudge. This isn't her recipe but it shows how similar it is to the tablet. mmmmmmmmmmm Peanut Butter Lovers.com

I will let you know how it comes out!

Ooooo - that sounds scrummy! You're right - just like tablet - but with peanut butter! Thanks (*drool*)!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Daft - did you get my package yet? I'm getting concerned that it hasn't gotten there. If it didn't get there today, then I need to go to the post office and collect the insurance and resend. Please let me know!

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
this_lil_piggy.... what kind of cornmeal/hush puppy mix do you use? I always love a good cornbread recipe!

It is something I came up with quite by accident ha, but we absolutely love it. I don't bother with cornbread from scratch anymore, this is too good to bother ;-P

I use a bag of the SWEET YELLOW cornbread mix that is shown on this page:
(broken link removed)

and combine it with a bag of HUSHPUPPY mix that you see on this page:
(broken link removed)

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Sari! I got your package today! YAY!
Your timing was impeccable as today is my birthday....was a nice surprise to come home after work and find in my mailbox. :)
Thanks so much for everything! The pigs are loving the cuddle cup....I am going to have to test out my sewing abilities now and make 5 more HAHA
I haven't tried any of the goodies yet as I just got in the door a few minutes ago, but I did take pics and will post them in a few.

Thanks again!!

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Yay! I am glad I came to check this thread to see what to do with the cornbread :)

Kealie78

Cavy Slave
Oh... so not fair! Here I am all pregnant and dying for sweets, and the trade thing is done! :sorry: Just my luck!..haha Good idea though!

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Jabberwock, any sign of your sweets yet?

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Susan,

I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch - we moved house and I've now been without internet for over 3 weeks. I'm not supposed to be on at work but sneaked on! I got your package this morning as it had been redirected to our new address - I cannot believe how much you spent on postage! I am tempted to send you more to make up for it!

Will hopefully be connected again at home on Monday (fingers crossed for me everyone, I think I've done remarkably well to survive without internet!) so will let you know how much I enjoy everything!

PM - we had much fun nibbling everything. I LOVE the popping candy, it's really hard to get over here these days.

Hope to get back on soon!

jabberwock

Cavy Slave

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I'm so glad to hear that you got everything! Pop Rocks are one of my favorites too, and they seemed SO American that I couldn't help but include a couple packets for you. Who else but crazy Americans would think to make a candy that explodes in your mouth!?

Sounds like your move went well and you're getting settled in. I can't wait to see you on more often!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.