Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

A rescue name?

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I haven't been able to think of a rescue name (Well I have thought of a couple and so has my friend but I want to here all of your ideas) and my friend has been helping me too but so so far I don't think we have found a name that clicks. So anyways, any one have any name ideas? The rescue is strictly a Guinea Pig Rescue we won't be rescuing anything else.

Sierra

Cavy Slave
You're starting a rescue? Really? That's awesome. I've always wanted to start a guinea pig or hamster rescue, of course I'd have to have a lot of money so I don't think I'm quite ready yet, ha ha.

I like the name Guinea Pig Lovers to the Rescue, or something to that effect, maybe Cavy Lovers to the Rescue or CLR for short.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
Cute names! Sounds like an action heroe team! =)

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I've always liked "to the rescue" things, ha ha

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Thanks I really like those names. It is just so hard to decide. lol

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Any one else have any other ideas?

FloppyRagzDolli

Cavy Slave
Piggy Place
Perfect Piggies
Cavy Cart
Cavy Canopy

oh, i dont know. just throwing out some ideas.

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

MetallichicA

Cavy Slave
Place O' Pigs, or POP(corn) for short :D

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Hmmm I don't I don't think I want my name in it not really sure though....... I like pop, perfect piggies, and cavy canopy too.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Ok so me and my friend decided on The Piggy Palace!!!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Sierra

Cavy Slave
I like it! In the future I'll have Cavy Lovers to the Future when I'm out on my own and have my own guinea pig rescue, so no one take that name! lol.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Sierra said:
I like it! In the future I'll have Cavy Lovers to the Future when I'm out on my own and have my own guinea pig rescue, so no one take that name! lol.

Lol!

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
I love your name!!!!! i thought cavy canopy was cute too, floppy.

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Which will be if I make tons of money, lol, to pay for vet bills. I don't know how I am going to afford it, but it might be possible.

imaloserdottie

Cavy Slave
I was just thinking.. you say you will only take in 6 as your maximum. what are you going to do when someone comes to you with another one which would make your 7th. are you just going to say that you're sorry, but you can't take in another one? I don't really know how you could do that. seem like, being a rescue, you would want to do whatever you could to help any homeless piggies. Then again, I suppose saving 6 is better than none. I just know that if I were you, I wouldn't be able to tell anybody no when another animals life was at stake. I just recently adopted 2 piggies from Texas Rustler's, which this lady does out of her home. every room in her house is full of piggies. www.theguineapigrescue.com check it out if you need more ideas as far as pricing or site ideas.

Treen

Cavy Slave
Every single rescue, big or small has its limits whether they're because of space, time or money. I think you just have to have a other resources to hand whether it's referring them to other rescues, having a waiting list and asking them to keep hold of the pigs until you can take them in, looking for foster carers or giving them thorough advice on how to look for a new home for their pet independently. Helping even a few guinea pigs makes a real difference, I think you need to focus on what you can do rather than what you can't.

Congratulations on your new piggers, imaloserdottie - hope they're settling in well!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Well if I can't take the pigg in in that doesn't mean that I can't help the owners decide after all to keep the guinea pig and teach them how to care for it right. And it also doesn't mean that I can't ask them to foster it in their own home until I find room. And there are HSs around where I live and if I absolutly can't take one in I will tell them to go to there. I know that many people have huge rescues like CavySpirit with hundreds (100 0r 200) of piggs. But everyone has a limit to what they can rescue. I am not planning on being a huge rescue. But even my rescuing of 6 piggs will but a dent in helping all the homeless piggies.
Thanks for the link!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Oh and I can't be a big rescue do to space and money... A lot of people in my house are allegic to guinea pigs (or at least they tell me they are) so no I can't have piggs in every room in my house. Seeing as I pretty much already have my piggs in every room in the house that they can be in. So thats why I have a limit of 6. If I desperately needed to I could find more room. But I want to set limits. And I am not rich so no with only about 5 friends helping out I can not take in a 100 or even 50 piggs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.