Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: What is Rescuing and Adopting

There was nothing hard to read in my paragraph. If I had supported everything you had said, you would have never made that comment. As a matter of fact, you never seem to make that comment to anyone supporting you. Only to those that have a different set of beliefs. as far as the different types of cavies; that was the point of me mentioning the different types of lizards ect. There are cavies AND lizards that cannot be released back into the wild. So, to dog others for having these animals is inherently hypocritical. You made a few misspellings in your post back to me, but it would be rude of me to point that out right?

Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you not feel we contribute to the problem by continuously buying from the suppliers of food, toys, water bottles? If no one had any of these pets, then no one would buy these items. These businesses would go under, and no one could own these animals. Therefore, the problem would be eliminated. I think that's why I feel like we are contributing to a problem, whether we mean to or not. That's what I meant about not getting mad. It's simple economics as my dad always says.

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator! VoodooJoint's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3,249 Rec'd/800 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDeadBuster View Post
    Do you not feel we contribute to the problem by continuously buying from the suppliers of food, toys, water bottles? If no one had any of these pets, then no one would buy these items. These businesses would go under, and no one could own these animals.
    No I don't feel that buying food and supplies contributes to the problem since the food supplies are almost never the breeders/suppliers of the animals. The few food companies that also own breeder facilities or do animals testing are companies I do not buy from.

How do you think people fed dogs and cats before dog and cat food companies were invented? How do you think people in Brazil feed the cavies they use for food? They don't buy pellets and hay you know. No one needs pet supply companies to own and feed their pets. They buy those items out of convenience.

I made the comment about your run on paragraph because it was difficult to read and follow. NOT because you are disagreeing with me. You can read what you wrote easily but others cannot get into your head to follow your train of thought. Separating things into paragraphs helps.

If you are going to criticize someone for spelling errors in an otherwise legible post then you really should be certain you aren't guilty of the same crime.

I think perhaps this discussion should be ended now. It's obvious that we will not see eye to eye and I do not feel like explaining these issues over and over and it is turning into a personal battle of wills apparently. If you have further issue with me you are welcome to pm me.
    Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You can't let the world judge you too much.

Maude from Harold and Maude

4. "Thank you, VoodooJoint, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do not want to battle, and I think I sounded rude when I did not mean to. I know you don't agree that we are contributing to the problem, but that is how I feel. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just have these complicated feelings about even having guinea pigs and other pets (except for dogs). I'm still learning : )

User Tag List