Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed of Rabbit do you all have?

samandshawn

Cavy Slave
I have two bunnies one is a angora cross hes about 10 months, the other is a lion head hes only 8weeks old and very cute.

kelly*cavies
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Bunny Gurl

Cavy Slave
My sister has a 8 month old rabbit named Patches hes a Harlequin/Lop he is in the house being litter trained.I have a 3 year old Netherland Dwarf named Lightning who lives in the barn only because she fell in love with a Duck name Subation otherwise she would be in the house. Lightning is white with a Black streak

Cavy Tamer

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
What breed of rabbits so y'all have here?I have a 10 week old, chocolate dutch rabbit, named Molly.

I got guinea pigs a few weeks ago, but they're not the companion pets I envisioned. They're more "watch me" pets.

So, I've wanted a rabbit for a long time, but thought maybe they'd be too much work.... but now I'm starting to rethink that premise.

I was thinking about getting a Dutch rabbit... eventually. I think they're really cute, and if I could do it all over again... I would have gotten that instead of two cavies..... but whatcha gonna do...

I would like a rabbit that isn't too small and not too big. I know a Dutch is considered a small size rabbit, but they seem fairly big in pictures. Exactly how big are they? And do they make good companion pets?

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
It depends more on the individual personality of the rabbit than the breed. I've heard of Dutches ranging in size from 2-5 lbs. Most rabbits will require you to earn their trust, but once you do they can be extremely affectionate and endearing pets. Definitely research before getting a rabbit, a great place to start is www.rabbit.org

Please adopt rather than buy, thousands of rabbits are euthanized every year. You will have a wide variety of rabbits to choose from at a shelter or rescue, and most rescues/shelters will spay/neuter the rabbit for you. I volunteer at a shelter and we get tons of purebreed rabbits (including lots of Dutches). I know it is tempting to go for the cute little baby rabbit; but you won't know the true personality of the rabbit until it is full grown. If you adopt an adult rabbit, you know what you are getting. Spayed/neutered adults are much easier to littertrain than a baby; and just like other baby animals, baby rabbits are into everything.

Cavy Tamer

Cavy Slave
Well, I thought it would be kind of cool to have a creature with a youthful energy and curiousity about the world in the house...

What do you think? Too naive?

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
You can get youngish rabbits at shelters too. I don't think that an adult rabbit is easier to have than a baby...

And please don't get me wrong.. I am all for getting animals at a shelter!

Bunny Gurl

Cavy Slave
TinaFabulous said:
I had a broken lilac mini rex, and then a black neitherland (dont know if i spelled that right)

HI is lilac really purple what color would that be

bromers

Cavy Slave
i have no idea what breed my rabbit is, all i no is it is some kind a dwarf. if anyone could tell me that would be helpful. you will find a picture of him on www.freewebs.com/bromersnbunny . (he is not very good at taking pictures).

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
Looks like a silver marten. I could only see him from above, Does your rabbit look like this: (broken link removed)=

If so then he is probably a silve marten

bromers said:
i have no idea what breed my rabbit is, all i no is it is some kind a dwarf. if anyone could tell me that would be helpful. you will find a picture of him on www.freewebs.com/bromersnbunny . (he is not very good at taking pictures).

bromers

Cavy Slave
yes. he looks alot like that, thank you.

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
Anyone know what breed of rabbit she is? I adopted a female rabbit and am unsure of her breed.

(broken link removed)

Thanks for your help!

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
You usually see that pattern on lop ear rabbits
like this one:
(broken link removed)=

lilliesmomma said:
Anyone know what breed of rabbit she is? I adopted a female rabbit and am unsure of her breed.

(broken link removed)

Thanks for your help!

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
That's interesting! She looks very similar to the lop-eared rabbit, but she definitely doesn't have the lop ears. Hers are straight up.

She is tri-colored: white with brown and grey markings. She is about 6-7lbs.

bunnyluv17 said:
You usually see that pattern on lop ear rabbits
like this one:
(broken link removed)=

blue04

Cavy Tamer

Cavy Slave
An 8 week old tortoise male dutch bunny. Extremely cute bunny!

dashtherabbit

Cavy Slave
I posted a thread to see if anyone could tell me what my rabbit is, her mother is apparently a dwarf lop, but she doesnt look like one, there are two pictures in my gallery, can anyone help me find out what she may be? thanks :)

glitterbug121

dashtherabbit

Cavy Slave
glitter, any idea what mine could be?

Daisy Duke
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.