Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I am new and I have some questions

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
I sure hope they will
This sentence alone tells me you are not ready for a guinea pig, you are trying to adopt one, yet you are unsure if you can even feed him or her.
As a teen myself I can tell you, you HAVE to have some kind help from your parents. And from the age you have posted, you will need alot of help from your parents, and sorry but no "responsible" pet owner would let a kid your age pet-sit.

but what do you expect, I am just a teenager
I would expect you to act responsible, and *try* to quit giving teens on this forum a bad name.

Meggie

Cavy Slave
I would expect you to act responsible, and *try* to quit giving teens on this forum a bad name.

I am responsible, at least that's what my parents keep telling and my friends tell me that I am really responsible too.

This sentence alone tells me you are not ready for a guinea pig, you are trying to adopt one, yet you are unsure if you can even feed him or her.

I know that I could feed my guinea pig(s) even if it does mean I have to give it some of my fruits and veggies.

My parents said that they would take care of the vet bills and that they would either take me to an animal shelter or the Baraboo Guinea Pig Rescue up in Lake Delton. My parents are very nice to my wants and needs.

Jenah

Cavy Slave
I am responsible, at least that's what my parents keep telling and my friends tell me that I am really responsible too.

I know that I could feed my guinea pig(s) even if it does mean I have to give it some of my fruits and veggies.

My parents said that they would take care of the vet bills and that they would either take me to an animal shelter or the Baraboo Guinea Pig Rescue up in Lake Delton. My parents are very nice to my wants and needs.

This reply is very different than other posts you have made about parents that were unwilling for you to have pets. Or RODENTS as your mother kept calling them - in a negative way.

Girl start with something smaller. When I was a young teenager that is what I did and it all helped me to be more responsible as I grew up. Guineas are a LOT OF WORK all of the time. And from your see-saw/up and down tone of your posts, I don't feel like you are ready for this.

You make me very nervous for the guinea that comes into your home.

OR are you just looking for some sort of emotional feedback through these forums that you don't get at home?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I doubt that will work as guinea pigs need 1 cup of fresh veggies per day and the veggies have to be raw and not cooked. You can't just give the pig veggies off your dinnerplate. If your parent's aren't willing to buy fresh veggies for this pig along with unlimited hay and good quality pellets, then you shouldn't get one as these items are absolute musts. Fruits aren't something that should be given daily due to high sugar content.

You really cannot get by giving a guinea pig a piece of lettuce now and then or a carrot or whatever.

Meggie

Cavy Slave
I doubt that will work as guinea pigs need 1 cup of fresh veggies per day and the veggies have to be raw and not cooked. You can't just give the pig veggies off your dinnerplate. If your parent's aren't willing to buy fresh veggies for this pig along with unlimited hay and good quality pellets, then you shouldn't get one as these items are absolute musts. Fruits aren't something that should be given daily due to high sugar content.

You really cannot get by giving a guinea pig a piece of lettuce now and then or a carrot or whatever.

What kind of raw veggies and fruits do guinea pigs need? I know that they can eat celery, broccoli, grapes, pears, parsley, and kale. What else could they possibly eat?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I know that they can eat celery, broccoli, grapes, pears, parsley, and kale. What else could they possibly eat?
I can tell you have done little to no research about guinea pigs. There are tons of veggies they can have and fruits. If you were to feed only the things you have listed. Within probably a year or less you would have a pig with bladder stones. Most of those veggies are too high in calcium to feed daily.

Here is a list of all the veggies and fruits that pigs can eat.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-guinea-pigs/22156-cavy-nutrition-charts.html

I think you need to do a lot more research before even considering getting a piggie.

Meggie

Cavy Slave
I can tell you have done little to no research about guinea pigs. There are tons of veggies they can have and fruits. If you were to feed only the things you have listed. Within probably a year or less you would have a pig with bladder stones. Most of those veggies are too high in calcium to feed daily.

Here is a list of all the veggies and fruits that pigs can eat.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/about-guinea-pigs/22156-cavy-nutrition-charts.html

I think you need to do a lot more research before even considering getting a piggie.

I have wrote all of the types of food that they should eat down. I know that I am ready for a piggy but my parents said that even when I get my piggy I can still do research on them and my parents would never lie to me. I think that I can still do research on guinea pigs when I get mine. I don't know exactly where I am going to get my guinea pig from though. I know I posted a patition in the adoptables discussions but I am thinking now that it was a bad idea to post the patition. I think I really should get a guinea pig at an animal shelter or a rescue but I still think that I should go to PetsMart or Petco too. I hear that animals at a pet store are cheaper then animals at an animal shelter or a rescue. It's only like $8 and something for guinea pigs at my pet stores. As it is, for one guinea pig at the Baraboo Guinea Pig Rescue, it's $25.00 and for two it's $35.00. Now, I am not trying to support breeding but I think it would be cheaper to go to a pet store to get a guinea pig.

My parents are the ones who are being cheap because they told me that it was cheaper to get a guinea pig from a pet store then it is to get one from an animal shelter or a guinea pig rescue. So if you want someone to yell at then tell it to my parents. They are the ones who are always cheap not me. My mom and dad never want to read anything because they think they know everything that need to do for guinea pigs. I don't know why they think that though I told them that it was a lot of work but they think that they know it all because of what I have told them in the past about guinea pigs. They think that it's not really a lot of work but I think I can handle a little bit more responsibility.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
if you want someone to yell at then tell it to my parents. They are the ones who are always cheap not me. My mom and dad never want to read anything because they think they know everything that need to do for guinea pigs.
You can always do the more mature and responsible thing and tell your parents that because they won't support you in doing the right thing you will not be getting a Guinea Pig.

I have a feeling though that you are going to go ahead and buy an animal instead of rescue one (or just not get one at all) because it's cheaper or easier. You will house it in a small cage and feed it crap food and hay because it's convenient and feed it inappropriate veggies because it's what you have on hand IF you even remember to feed the poor animal.

Just do us a favor and don't come on here looking to rehome your animal when you quickly become bored with it and your parents cant be bothered to act responsibly.

Meggie

Cavy Slave
You will house it in a small cage and feed it crap food and hay because it's convenient and feed it inappropriate veggies because it's what you have on hand IF you even remember to feed the poor animal.

Well, no offense, but my parents are right, it is cheaper then to buy a guinea pig. What do you mean by feed the animal crap food and hay? Isn't hay a good thing? I found some Kaytee hay that I think guinea pigs can eat but I am unsure right now at the moment which is why I am busy doing research. I hear that guinea pigs can eat Kaytee hay but I don't know if that's true right now at the moment. My cousin she has guinea pigs and she gives them crappy food and they are still alive today. What kind of brand food do guinea pigs eat? Just wondering because I can't seem to find the right kind of brand. I found Nutiphase food but guinea pigs can't eat that.

standuprookie

Cavy Slave
The pig you "buy" will probably have a uri which can cost hundreds of dollars to fix, which I seriously doubt you parents will pay. Which untreated will lead to to death, but that probably wouldn't matter to you, because buying a pig will doom more to the same/worse fate.
I bet you cousins pig doesn't fell fine.

Jenah

Cavy Slave
I told myself I wasn't going to jump in on this thread - but here I am again.

I believe that many people already have given you links to find some great charts that give information on the veggies to feed guineas daily. What to look out for in terms of Ca:pH ratios and what not. There are some great charts even HERE in the forum that Ly&Pigs [I think it was] developed on her own.

I believe that people have already also give you links and their ideas for the top pellets to feed the guineas. And the all around favorite appears be "Cavy Cuisine" by Oxbow. I just recently switched and my girls LOVE it.

I believe that you've been given information on hay as well. But I will tell you that I do feed my girls Kaytee hay. I have found it very nice and green out here where I live, where the Oxbow wasn't as green. I haven't had any problems. If you get a baby guinea you should feed him/her Alfalfa hay. And after the piggie is over a year [right?!] feed him/her Timothy hay. Yes there is a difference. Yes it does matter.

But again there is a specific thread here in the forum just on hay. And on bedding.

So for you to come in this one thread and repeatedly ask questions when people have given you answers and ideas as to where to look - and STILL claim that you are doing a lot of research - or have already done a lot of research is well.....well...it's annoying. And frustrating. I know I can't be the only one shaking her head as she reads your posts.

You are very determined to have what you want regardless of the work involved. THAT much is clear. Regardless of the best way to go about it. Regardless of the animal itself. And THAT is why people are coming down a bit harder on you. Because you are here for YOU and not for the ANIMAL. Not really.

I suggest you actually really go and do the research. Print out the pages that are of vital importance, like the veggie charts, pellets, hay, bedding. And even if you find it's cheaper to get the guinea at a petstore - make the argument to your parents as to why it's so important to adopt. Didn't you also say you were getting a summer job soon and would have plenty of money to pay for things? That is what your other thread said.

Oy - I have to stop now. And try not to respond any more to this thread.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
I am not sure where you seen a guinea pig in a store for $8, but if you did. Run away from that store. You should not be getting from a pet store period, but one that sells them for that cheap is obviously way worse. Not that you could get much worse than a pet store, but you get my drift. Petstore pigs cost more than a shelter, and will also cost more in vet bills. That is if in fact your as you say "cheap parents" will even take it to a vet. Please don't get any animal. If your parents are so cheap to want to pay less at a petstore like you say, instead of getting from a reputable rescue where they get medical treatment and proper care. Then they definatley will not pay for a vet.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
If you get a baby guinea you should feed him/her Alfalfa hay. And after the piggie is over a year [right?!] feed him/her Timothy hay. Yes there is a difference. Yes it does matter.
All pigs no matter the age should receive some sort of grass hay on an unlimited daily basis. Alfalfa can be added in to the diet if they are under 6 months.

Meggie, I am so very disappointed in you. I can tell you now that if your parents are going to be cheap, they won't buy the veggies the pig needs because they won't think he/she needs them, probably won't buy the hay and will buy the cheapest pellets because they are "cheap". "Cheap" is YOUR word, not mine. At this point, I don't think you need any live animal.

I know I can't be the only one shaking her head as she reads your posts.
I haven't been so aggrevated/frustrated by a thread in such a long time. Meggie, get your parents to buy you a stuffed guinea pig. That way when your bored of it, you can toss it in corner and forget about it instead of letting a live animal suffer.

pink piggy lips

Cavy Slave
This took a while, and I hope it's worth it. This was my husband's idea to compile nearly every single post of Meggie's in this thread, and display the contradicting points. While he stained our bedroom floors, I worked on this.

Meggie, we also did this so you could easily read through your own posts that have contradicted themselves.

Please read through the content you have proclaimed then denied, denied then proclaimed. I think this should reveal to you how unready you and your parents are to bring any animals into your home at this time.

People in this thread have been unbelievably patient with you in giving you good advice, over and over again. They have given you very clear ideas about costs, care, and the reality of your situation to the infinite degree. They have repeated themselves and cautioned you.

If you still decide to get one (or many, or two that make many!), and convince your parents to go along with it, then I don't feel one bit sorry for you in any tribulations you may endure. It's your future piggies/other critters I will have pity for.

On Meggie's own personal responsibility/abilities to properly care for a pet

Meggie said:
01-19-07, 06:29 pm When I get my guinea pig it's going to interfere with my family's vacation and my parents say that I can't take a pet along. And also, if I get a guinea pig I am going to have to givve it a lot of attention and it may only get attention like once a day which I don't think is enough for one guinea pig. And my last problem is that I only have a place for two pets and I was planning on getting three pets so I might have a bit of a dilema.

01-19-07, 07:14 pm I hope people can help me out with care for guinea pigs.

01-25-07, 05:09 pm Plus I have ADHD and according to my doctor I need a sibling or a pet to make me happy because I am always depressed.

01-26-07, 6:20 pm I sure hope they will because I need some help since I am not living by myself yet and I don't have a job.

But Meggie said:
01-25-07, 04:38 pm ...I can care for, feed, give water to, give lots of my time so it/they get a lot of attention, give lots of hay, and make sure that they get exercise out of the cage.

On Meggie's parents' involvement/support/knowledge of pets

Meggie said:
01-19-07, 07:14 pm My parents aren't so thrilled about me getting a guinea pig or two, I don''t know yet how many I should get, but anyway, my parents say that guinea pigs only last up to 8 years.
My mom says that guinea pigs look like rodents but I think she's wrong. My dad hates all animals and me I love all animals on Earth.

01-20-07, 01:46 pm My mom is still being a pain about why she thinks guinea pigs look like rodents. My dad doesn't really care if I get guinea pigs or not.

01-21-07, 12:11 pm ...but my mom got ticked off when I mentioned the name "guinea pig."

01-22-07, 02:02 pm My dad told me that I could have one when I passed XXX and I think that if he waits until after our family vacation he is going to forget what he said. Chances are that he should probably get me a guinea pig when he sees my last report card or he shouldn't get me one at all. I am going to go with the fact that he is probably not going to get me one at all.

01-24-07, 04:43 pm I don't know where I am going to get it from though because my mom doesn't feel like driving up to Appleton or Waukesha or any of those cities so it looks like I am going to stay here in XXX, WI and go get my guinea pigs from a pet store.
I have a feeling though that I am going to get one guinea pig though because my parents don't like forking out money for two things especially two pets.

01-26-07, 06:20 pm My mom thinks that I am not ready for a pet because I don't really take care of myslef lately, but what do you expect, I am just a teenager. My dad doesn't care really but he's the one who's going to be paying for the guinea pigs.
My mom heard that guinea pigs can live in big glass aquariums all you got to do is put bedding, hay, things for them to chew on, food bowls, and find a place to put the water bottles in the aquarium.

01-28-07, 6:59 pm My parents are the ones who are being cheap because they told me that it was cheaper to get a guinea pig from a pet store then it is to get one from an animal shelter or a guinea pig rescue. So if you want someone to yell at then tell it to my parents. They are the ones who are always cheap not me. My mom and dad never want to read anything because they think they know everything that need to do for guinea pigs. I don't know why they think that though I told them that it was a lot of work but they think that they know it all because of what I have told them in the past about guinea pigs. They think that it's not really a lot of work but I think I can handle a little bit more responsibility.

But Meggie said:
01-24-07, 04:43 pm My mom and dad are being really supportive about getting me a guinea pig or two.

01-28-07, 12:26 pm I am responsible, at least that's what my parents keep telling and my friends tell me that I am really responsible too.

On Meggie's opinions of pet stores vs. rescues

Meggie said:
01-24-07, 04:43 pm Petco I know takes good care of their animals.

01-28-07, 06:59 pm Now, I am not trying to support breeding but I think it would be cheaper to go to a pet store to get a guinea pig.
I know I posted a patition in the adoptables discussions but I am thinking now that it was a bad idea to post the patition. I think I really should get a guinea pig at an animal shelter or a rescue but I still think that I should go to PetsMart or Petco too. I hear that animals at a pet store are cheaper then animals at an animal shelter or a rescue.

But Meggie said:
01-25-07, 05:29 pm Please sign this petition. I signed it and it needs more signers on it. The link is: Have a Heart, PETsMART, Stop Live Animal Sales. Petition. I would appreciate it if everyone on this forum signed the petition. The petition is to get PetsMart to stop selling live animals. I went over there once and all of their animals were disgusting. Ewwww. Please sign the petition. Once again, the link to the petition is: Have a Heart, PETsMART, Stop Live Animal Sales. Petition

01-26-07, 06:20 pm When I posted the petition I meant that I am not going to go to a pet store to buy an animal, which is why I posted the petition to get other people to get PetsMart to stop selling live animals. I think that PetsMart and Petco are the same basically.
I found these really cute guinea pigs that are up or down in Appleton, WI that I am going to get, I think, because the pet store animals are all in really bad conditions.

Ultimately
Meggie said: I know that I am ready for a piggy...

But Meggie said: How could the fumes from the urine affect the guinea pigs? What kind of raw veggies and fruits do guinea pigs need? What else could they possibly eat? I know that I could feed my guinea pig(s) even if it does mean I have to give it some of my fruits and veggies. Couldn't I just take the guinea pigs outside when they have to go to the bathroom or not?

Let's just fast forward to the future thread where she has a pregnant/sick/dying piggy and say, "We told you so."

Enough said about what Meggie said.

Ps to the Mods: I color-coded to easily distinguish between the dates and the content.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
My parents are very nice to my wants and needs.
Yeah? so tell them you WANT AND NEED to adopt a pig. *rolls eyes*

My parents are the ones who are being cheap because they told me that it was cheaper to get a guinea pig from a pet store then it is to get one from an animal shelter or a guinea pig rescue. So if you want someone to yell at then tell it to my parents. They are the ones who are always cheap not me.
Oh, I get it. So they are nice to what you want and need, EXCEPT when it costs too much money? lol Again I say, how nice are they going to be when they find out how much this pig will cost on a weekly and monthly basis? If they can't spend more than $8.00 to adopt a pig, they are NOT going to buy it unlimited hay, bedding, and proper amounts and varieties of veggies.

I have a feeling you are going to go right on out and buy your 8.00 sick, inbred, and probably pregnant pig, and then come right back here crying to us when your parents won't pay the vet bills to treat it when it comes home scratching bald spots into it's hair, sneezing with a cold, or half dead from delivering babies at too young of an age. If you are that selfish, then it tells me a whole lot about how responsible you are.

By the way, I don't know where you supposedly found guinea pigs for 8.00, but if I were you I would run as fast as I can. It sounds to me like a backyard breeder is unloading their "rejects" for a cheap price. I bought pet store pigs before I knew what I do now, they were 30.00 each and I live in one of the cheapest places to live in the United States. The reason rescue pigs are 25.00-30.00 is becasue they come to you HEALTHY! No vet visit needed because they have been treated for mites, lice, had a well check up, and are most assuredly not pregnant.

Crapt food means pretty much all pellets sold in stores. They all have ingredients that cause cancer etc. The only quality food to be found is Oxbow and Kleenmama's, both have to be ordered online. Kaytee hay is fine, and they need unlimited amounts of it, but hay doesn't make up for the fresh, raw, variety of low calcium, high vit c, and low sugar vegetables that they need, they have to have both.

I don't want to hear this garbage about your parents won't read anything. I guarantee you if you print the information out, leave it for your parents to read, they WILL read it. IT may not be in front of you, it may not be right away, but I guarantee they will at least look over it, if not for any other reason than curiosity.

Because you are here for YOU and not for the ANIMAL.
I agree 100%, and I really don't know what else to say to you. You are determined to get your way, regardless of the harm you might do to an animal in the process.
I can't take your hand and make you do the right thing, and if you are as selfish as I am beginning to think you are, thre is nothing I can do to convince you to do the right thing either.

I haven't been so aggrevated/frustrated by a thread in such a long time.
ME EITHER, well, with one exception... I don't know about you guys, but I am beginning to get the same feeling as I did over the last month with CTQ.

The level of immaturity, the way this person flip flops back and forth, and just the way they type, is beginning to make me wonder if this is another troll situation, or if this person is really over the age of 12. I am sorry, but I just had to say it. Nothing feels right about this post, or any of the posts this user has made.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Thank you Pink Piggy. I am glad I am not the only one that is seeing a pattern and smelling a rat.

I am going to go with the fact that he is probably not going to get me one at all.
This is the only "responsible" thing this person has said in any of these posts. Too bad she flip flopped right back to insisting getting her way practically 30 seconds later.

:melodrama

Meggie

Cavy Slave
Yeah? so tell them you WANT AND NEED to adopt a pig. *rolls eyes*

Oh, I get it. So they are nice to what you want and need, EXCEPT when it costs too much money? lol Again I say, how nice are they going to be when they find out how much this pig will cost on a weekly and monthly basis? If they can't spend more than $8.00 to adopt a pig, they are NOT going to buy it unlimited hay, bedding, and proper amounts and varieties of veggies.

I have a feeling you are going to go right on out and buy your 8.00 sick, inbred, and probably pregnant pig, and then come right back here crying to us when your parents won't pay the vet bills to treat it when it comes home scratching bald spots into it's hair, sneezing with a cold, or half dead from delivering babies at too young of an age. If you are that selfish, then it tells me a whole lot about how responsible you are.

By the way, I don't know where you supposedly found guinea pigs for 8.00, but if I were you I would run as fast as I can. It sounds to me like a backyard breeder is unloading their "rejects" for a cheap price. I bought pet store pigs before I knew what I do now, they were 30.00 each and I live in one of the cheapest places to live in the United States. The reason rescue pigs are 25.00-30.00 is becasue they come to you HEALTHY! No vet visit needed because they have been treated for mites, lice, had a well check up, and are most assuredly not pregnant.

Crapt food means pretty much all pellets sold in stores. They all have ingredients that cause cancer etc. The only quality food to be found is Oxbow and Kleenmama's, both have to be ordered online. Kaytee hay is fine, and they need unlimited amounts of it, but hay doesn't make up for the fresh, raw, variety of low calcium, high vit c, and low sugar vegetables that they need, they have to have both.

I don't want to hear this garbage about your parents won't read anything. I guarantee you if you print the information out, leave it for your parents to read, they WILL read it. IT may not be in front of you, it may not be right away, but I guarantee they will at least look over it, if not for any other reason than curiosity.

I agree 100%, and I really don't know what else to say to you. You are determined to get your way, regardless of the harm you might do to an animal in the process.
I can't take your hand and make you do the right thing, and if you are as selfish as I am beginning to think you are, thre is nothing I can do to convince you to do the right thing either.

ME EITHER, well, with one exception... I don't know about you guys, but I am beginning to get the same feeling as I did over the last month with CTQ.

The level of immaturity, the way this person flip flops back and forth, and just the way they type, is beginning to make me wonder if this is another troll situation, or if this person is really over the age of 12. I am sorry, but I just had to say it. Nothing feels right about this post, or any of the posts this user has made.

Yes maybe I have been flipping back and forth but I am serious when I say that my parents said I could get a pet when I pass this school year. They said that they would be willing enough to take the guinea pig(s) to the vet. And they also said that they would be more then happy to pay for all of the food that guinea pigs need in their diet. My mom and dad said that when a guinea pig gets sick they will take it to the vet ASAP. I hope everyone believes me because I sware to god I am telling the truth.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I hear that animals at a pet store are cheaper then animals at an animal shelter or a rescue. It's only like $8 and something for guinea pigs at my pet stores. As it is, for one guinea pig at the Baraboo Guinea Pig Rescue, it's $25.00 and for two it's $35.00.

The guinea pigs at the Petco's and Petsmart's around here sell for between $25-$30. Sometimes they are on "sale" and you can get them for less than $20, but not very often.

Jenah

Cavy Slave
Yes maybe I have been flipping back and forth but I am serious when I say that my parents said I could get a pet when I pass this school year. They said that they would be willing enough to take the guinea pig(s) to the vet. And they also said that they would be more then happy to pay for all of the food that guinea pigs need in their diet. My mom and dad said that when a guinea pig gets sick they will take it to the vet ASAP. I hope everyone believes me because I sware to god I am telling the truth.

I think at this point, the only way that will happen is if you actually STOP contradicting yourself. Stop posting right now at all maybe. Just do the research. Do what you have to do in school to pass. Do the research.

And IF you do get a pet, be sure to have the right habitat set up. You have time for that. Be sure to have the unlimited hay/grasses, correct pellets, and the variety of proper veggies. Be sure to have ADOPTED/RESCUED your pet.

You have the time and the power to make sure that you are totally prepared for the pet you want to bring home. You have the resources and time at your fingertips to learn everything you can. There isn't ANY excuse at this point should you NOT. NO excuse.

Come back at that point with photos and posts to SHOW you mean what you say. Right now they are only words.

And you're the boy who cried wolf.

It's like I tell my son - don't just tell me you mean it. SHOW me you mean it. Actions speak louder than words.

p.s. to Ly&Pigs, I did mean to refer to unlimited grasses all of the time, but to be sure to include the alfalfa for the younger guineas due to the richness for their growing bodies!!! :cheerful:

pink piggy lips

Cavy Slave
Meggie, this is the real deal

Meggie, when you have some free time this evening, please read my 'Meggie said' post. The last thing you said about your parents prior to this post was that they were too cheap to help you with the guinea pigs, on 01-28-07, 6:59 pm.
Don't believe me? Well you wrote it. Go back and check.

I think I agree with this_lil_piggy that all your posting sounds fishy. The frightening concept, however, is that you really are just curious and can't seem to get the story straight on whether or not you can have piggies, and whether or not you or your parents can properly care for them.

Personally, I find you too severely incompetent to care for any living creature, including yourself, at this time. You are just barely a teenager and have even stated your mother doesn't think you care for yourself enough (01-26-07, 06:20 pm). I won't apologize for that because it's the truth that needed to be said.

Beyond all that, you came here to find information. You have been given plenty in this thread, another in the Adoptables thread, and in the chat. There comes a point in a situation where you need to shut your mouth and just listen.

Be careful, every time you open it, you manage to discredit yourself more.

--Ash

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.