Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Out Cashew ;~; Southern California.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummy

Cavy Slave
I'm very concerned about addresses being exchanged between minors - or at least one minor.

I've emailed CTQ asking for an update. I've also emailed Blood telling him that if he's given out his address to anybody at all then he must tell his parents or a responsible adult.

I suspect we won't hear from CTQ again. I think we would all be relieved to hear from Blood that either a) he didn't give out a street address, b) he actually talked to another child on the phone, or c) he's actually seen Cashew (the pig, not the person). In any event, I hope that if Blood continues to have contact with CTQ that Blood's parents are involved and aware of the situation.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
Maybe there should be some kind of form that people under 18's parents have to fill out to adopt, and their parents should be the ones to post on their own accounts or something.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone for expressing your opinions on the veracity of Cashew's adoption. When the well-being of a pig is at stake I think we naturally make allowances and give people the benefit of the doubt multiple times. This is what Mummy and I did in trying to get Cashew the care we thought she needed.

My main concern now is the safety of Blood, especially if he gave his home address to CTQ. I think that CTQ may be an adult trolling for children's home addresses.

CTQ was so quick to offer to deliver Cashew to Blood and ask for his home address. She only asked questions after others prompted her to. Then when a reputable rescue, Mummy's, offers her the chance of a lifetime we are given the run around for 2 1/2 days and then simply blown off. This makes no sense to me; unless she isn't who she is pretending to be.

This is the EXACT same thing I said to Mummy that made me suspicious, too.

I hope it's not true.

That's all I have to say.

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
Maybe it should just all be deleted to protect people under 18.

Mummy

Cavy Slave
Deleting the thread will not help anybody.

Bringing an issue into public awareness by reminding people that the internet is not necessarily a safe place is far more likely to be useful.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Today in chat, blood said he did not give any information to CTQ.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Today in chat, blood said he did not give any information to CTQ.

Well I don't know if I believe that. He might be saying that to cover up anything (adopting or getting in trouble with parents perhaps) that happened.

I mean if you read the first page, CTQ says "PM me your address" and 2 minutes later, posts on the thread "Oh, you're not too far from me" or something.

So it makes it seem like he did.

Also, if there is skepticism, Cavy Spirit can read private messages, maybe she can find out.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
Well I don't know if I believe that. He might be saying that to cover up anything (adopting or getting in trouble with parents perhaps) that happened.

I mean if you read the first page, CTQ says "PM me your address" and 2 minutes later, posts on the thread "Oh, you're not too far from me" or something.

So it makes it seem like he did.

Also, if there is skepticism, Cavy Spirit can read private messages, maybe she can find out.

Nevermind. Apparently I didn't catch the part about blood saying "San Diego" on the thread.

But, I think it should still be investigated to make sure there were no exchanging of addresses or anything among minors or those who "may not be minors".

You just can't be too careful.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave

As far as I know no-one is allowed to read anyone else's private messages. Breach of privacy laws.

To be honest I think it's best just to leave this thread be now rather than just making guesses about what the truth is.

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
As far as I know no-one is allowed to read anyone else's private messages. Breach of privacy laws.

To be honest I think it's best just to leave this thread be now rather than just making guesses about what the truth is.

I am rather sure that Cavy Spirit can. I had sent a jokingly 'flirty' message to my boyfriend through PM and Cavy Spirit (not knowing that I was joking and that he was my boyfriend) wrote back about the message.

So apparently she can.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
Yes, I believe all the cavy forums monitor PM's. I think it's in the rules somewhere...at least at one of the forums I saw that.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I'm closing this thread.

We try very hard to protect minors on this forum. One of our rules is that individuals under 18 are not allowed to post their ages. This is for their protection. Of course, there's not much protection in that if people say things like, "Well, I can't post my age because you aren't allowed to if you're under 18." Obviously, with a statement like that people then know you're under 18.

Please, if you are under 18, don't make any references to your age that might reveal that you're a minor. That includes references to what grade you are in at school and things of that nature.

THIS IS FOR YOUR PROTECTION.

Also, please do not reveal too much personal information. Do not give out your address and phone number to ANYONE. If a legitimate rescue is involved in a situation (like this one) then the rescue will have no problem giving out their information. Mummy did the correct thing in this situation - she gave CTQ the rescue information, rather than prying for CTQ's info. Again, this is for YOUR OWN SAFETY.

Even on a guinea pig forum, there could be predators and perverts lurking. No matter how friendly people may seem, everyone is a stranger over the internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.