Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Christmas Tree- Looks like a tree!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Here's my tree this year. We just put it up. It's pretty much done, we just have to put the train around it.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
It is beautiful!!!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
We put our wee (2 ft) tree up last weekend - though have been having probs uploading into photobucket - so has taken a while to get pics onto here!

It was a bit sad this year, because as I've previously mentioned, I bought the tree, and lights when I was expecting my son (who was born on Christmas day!) 13 years ago. Whilst the tree is still going strong - I'm afraid the lights gave up the ghost this year :(. Not to worry - I got a new set :), and am now feeling like I'm getting into the Christmas Spirit!

Our tree - from inside the house:

IMG_7413.jpg

and from outside:

IMG_7403.jpg

Hope it was worth the wait!

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Awe...Jarbax I love your little tree. It's so cute and pretty. I'm not sure what we are doing this year for a tree. We have a fake one that is about 3 feet I guess, which we usually use. But I thought we had used it last year and noticed we actually had a real tree but it was potted and very small. I can't believe I forgot that!

I think I want to go out and get a 4 foot real tree this year. I haven't done that since I was a child.

Also, I love how your lights are in the window from the outside...awe...I'm starting to get into the Christmas Spirit FINALLY! :)

It's been a different season already because I left my job after working there 2 years and then took a job in a greenhouse which turned out to be a nightmare. I only lasted one day. Then did some Housekeeping for 2 days and again hated it. Then yesterday I just got a new office job with a combination of the things I like to do. Crazy journey...but I'm glad I tried different things and realize what I like and do not like now. So...now I am ready to get into the Christmas Spirit knowing that I have a new job I like and I just feel overall so much happy.

I also lost 10 pounds that I've been dragging around for 2 years! I'm back to being a healthy weight and have more energy. Wow, changing jobs was a positive but scary experience.

Oh dear...going off topic. Okay, so when I get my tree all set up I am going to post pictures. I also want to get some Christmas pictures of the piggies!

Oh and we have 2 Christmas parties to go to this week and I'm very excited!!!

Take care!
Lynn

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Your story has a real sparkle Lynn! The true Christmas Spirit is alive! :goodvibes:

RyanR

Cavy Slave
I love your tree. Hopefully mine will look that good when I put it up later tonight with my girlfriend.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Audrey came over yesterday while Katy and Art went out. She decorated our small tree. We had to go get a 4 ft. one because Mr. Chips' crate takes up the space for the 6 ft. tree! The tree is up on the table now. Please take notice of the snowflake on the top. Katy took her to a pottery shop and she painted it and they put it in the kiln. It will be a tree topper from now on!
DSCF3294.jpg

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
What a precious picture! Judy, Audrey, Mr. Chips, AND a sweet little 4ft tree with a fabulous snowflake topper. That's such a lovely Christmas memory for you all!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
PM did you ever make a Hanukkah tree like Sari does? How about cards? Did you figure our how to do some?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I didn't do a card this year. Things are SO crazy. I should probably take the pigtures for it in June and have them made ahead of time. I'm going to make a "tree" out of lots of different menorahs though and take pictures of it. Mom and I collect them, and it should be quite pretty. I'm tempted to do it on the last night of Chanukah and light the whole thing for one of the pictures.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Hooray Judy and Audrey and Mr Chips! I love this pic, and that will be one very special snowflake!

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Here is our Christmas tree. I'll try to get a pic with only the lights later.
Lynn

zambonigirl

Cavy Slave
Everyone has beautiful trees! Thanks to everyone for posting pictures.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Brilliant pictures! We bought a new fake one this year - the one before was a grotty 4ft one which looked liked it had been hit against the wall a few times...

caviesluvr

Cavy Slave
cute and pretty tree , it looks like a real one to .. :) from distance i think.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
Well it is very hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it is 80+ degrees. :sad:

I also live with the Grinch/Scrooge. He doesn't really like to celebrate Christmas, or birthdays for that matter. He isn't much on gift giving in general. Not sure why, but I have an idea.

Anyway, we just bought a house (closed yesterday) and spent this weekend moving. He decided that if we got the house he would like to decorate. It may be a little late this year to go all out like he wants, but at least he wants to this year.

And I still haven't done any shopping. :eek:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
We got our tree and a few decorations up on Monday, once most of the unpacking was done. We have a 4ft fibre-optic tree - saves wrestling with lights - which is on a table.

Next year I think we will need a pen around the tree to keep 4 little hands off it all!

Oh and we have a 'whiteout' here. Not snow. Dense fog. It's hung around for 3 days and is getting worse. Visibility is probably no more than 30 -40 metres. It makes it feel more Christmassy!

Piglet

Cavy Slave
^ I know what you mean. It's been so foggy for the past week, although it cleared up today. No chance of snow though :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.