Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Oxbow's Critters

sannie

Cavy Slave
I know that Oxbow Pet Products are recommended by many guinea pig owners, but actually I was a little surprised to read this

A guinea pig does not require a lot of space, so it is an ideal pet for a child's bedroom or for a person living in an apartment.
under (broken link removed).

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
sannie said:
I know that Oxbow Pet Products are recommended by many guinea pig owners, but actually I was a little surprised to read this

A guinea pig does not require a lot of space, so it is an ideal pet for a child's bedroom or for a person living in an apartment.
under (broken link removed).
i read that too, and I was quite shocked by that. It IS supposed to be the best in critter care products.
Oh well...

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
It doesn't take that much room, actually. It really doesn't. They don't state how much room is needed, so we really can't blame them for saying that they don't take up much space. Relative to dogs and such, they really don't. They are good for apartments and kids' rooms, too. Not that I agree with the statement that they are easy to care for, but the vast majority of their information is correct. I'm not saying this was they best way for them to convey how much space is needed, but it is not specific enough for me to make a judgement. That's all, it's a really good source of pellets, it states they heed hay, vitamin c, no wire bottoms, and that floor time is good. It also warns against cedar and pine, and does not provide these. All I'm saying is that we can't all jump to conclusions about how big they are meaning, because it just isn't said. Just my 2.5 cents. =)

sannie

Cavy Slave
But you'll agree that it lets room for speculation...

also, I think the members of this forum agreed that they are not the best pets to keep in a child's bedroom.

I don't want to be judgmental, but reading this (although it's not really specific) might lead people to think it's an "easy animal to care for which can be put into the responsibility of a kid".

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, I do agree fully with that. Although, they do say it is better for older children, and not just kids. Much better than others, but it does need a bit of improvement. We could write in if you want, and have them reference this site. That would be great! Yes, I totally agree with you that it is misleading, but the thing is, what do they mean? I think we should write and find out for sure, what do you think? Thanks for the heads-up by the way.

sannie

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
Yes, I do agree fully with that. Although, they do say it is better for older children, and not just kids. Much better than others, but it does need a bit of improvement. We could write in if you want, and have them reference this site. That would be great! Yes, I totally agree with you that it is misleading, but the thing is, what do they mean? I think we should write and find out for sure, what do you think? Thanks for the heads-up by the way.
I think that is a wonderful idea ;-)
Do they have a contact on their side? (I haven't checked)

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Just saw this. Want to write now? Where should we write it to? (what section)

sannie

Cavy Slave
Mmh... maybe under customer service??

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's what I thought, too. Ok, want to give it a shot?

sannie

Cavy Slave
Yeah... I am gonna write them. Will let you guys know what their response is.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Ok, great! Good luck, Sannie!

sannie

Cavy Slave
I haven't heard from Oxbow yet, although they say to respond within 48 hours...

piggylover101

Cavy Slave
At least they don't say they are ideal pets for small children like the pet store told me. I am surprised to hear that they said that.. Hmm makes me think.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.