Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Has any tried Quorn?

oscar

Cavy Slave
I just wanted to let you know that in the UK we have a product called Quorn which looks like meat, tastes like meat but is actually made from fungi. It is good if you are veggie but missing meat.:)

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Yes Oscar! It is my favorite veggie product with thousands of uses. I recommend it all the time. But it is not suitable for vegans as it contains egg.

amptondooz

Cavy Slave
I love quarn, it's my substitute for meat! I think most of it's nicer than meat!

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
Well I tried quorn sausages and they are no where near anything like proper sausages. It was okay but I wouldn't buy them again, I'm not veggie so I'll stick to proper sausages. It had a horrible dry, card boardy texture, just plain weird.

_Anja_

Cavy Slave
I love it, one of my favorite products too.

thalestral

Cavy Slave
I love Quorn and find it much tastier in many meals than meat was. I especially love the Quorn mince and the Quorn chicken chunks (not sure of the exact name there), the former is great as a replacement for mince in any recipe and is really mouthwatering, and the latter is a fantastic chicken replacement and again is much more succulent.

The sausages aren't as great I think (kinda dry), though the "meatballs" are great in a pasta sauce.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
The only thing I haven't liked are the meatballs! Try the 'cumberland sausages' - they are not dry atall.

I don't think quorn is available in the US (especially judging by the lack of response!) That is a shame, as it is so versatile!

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Quorn isn't available in Canada. It sounds yummy though. We don't have Boca here either. We get the short end of the veg food stick up here in the Great White North.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
My personal favorite has to be MorningStar Farms. Their veggie dogs and veg bacon are quite good!

smileyface cavy

Cavy Slave
I love Boca.

thalestral

Cavy Slave
I'll try the Cumberland sausages for sure, sausages are the one thing I can miss from time to time.

Also Cauldron Foods do some exceptional veggie meals, including yummy pâtés. They can be a bit difficult to get your hands on though.

JarBax

Cavy Slave

Pigglewigs

Cavy Slave
I love Quorn! I'm not a vegetarian but choose to eat it as it's so yummy! My favourites are the mince and Premium Burgers (i don't like actual meat burgers so I eat these instead)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I've been eating quorn since I became veggie and it comes in really useful. I will usually use the chicken style pieces and mince so that I can make pasta dishes like lasagna and spagetti bol. Have you tried the ham? :eek: It tastes really real

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Tried the 'bacon' for the first time last week - wow, it's amazing (thicker than most veggie bacons - but really tastey! I like the 'ham' and 'chicken' for sandwiches too!

Emmett

Cavy Slave
Quorn is available in the states. I get it at Huckleberrys in the Rosauers Supermarket and have seen it in the local health food market. Both only seem to carry chicken flavored products and I think the beef crumbles. I really like it and use the chicken chunk thingys for stir fry.

gp_kat

Cavy Slave
Quorn is actually nice, however i found it quite expensive and it isnt actualy as nice as the real thing. But depends on what the thing actually is LOL!

tomcat6

Cavy Slave
I just tried Quorn herb and garlic cutlets. I put them on my spegetti like a chicken parmasean. They tasted just like chicken and were so good. I am going to try the Turkey Roast for Thanksgiving.

herbmommy

Cavy Slave
We definitely have Quorn here in the States although I have only seen it in a couple of stores. My kids really enjoy the "chicken nuggets and patties" but where we shop, there are very few products.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.