Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New, may be getting a Guinea Pig

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yes, they may have the occasional nibble on the carpet.

wilson

Cavy Slave
Is that ok to cut it though, even though they may nibble at it. Its just really big and i cant even fold it enough to make it fit. Thanks.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Long-haired piggies arent too bad, actually. I've heard that the only difference from shorthaired pigs is that you've got to brush their hair if you want it to be long. Otherwise, you can trim it. Then it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure there are other hay sites for Canada, I just don't know any. Keep trying, or else you can get some from a food-only store. Otherwise, try a local feed store. Those aren't too uncommon.

wilson

Cavy Slave
Thanks. Im just hoping it isnt one of those extremely long haired gps. I also hope ilike them. So will it be alright to cut the carpet even though the gps may nibble on it?

Ruthies owner

Cavy Slave
wilson said:
My friend just told me her aunts guinea pigs are both females, and one is short haired and the other long. Are long-hairs harder to take care of, i didnt really want a long hair because they arent my favourite, but im hoping i can still take a look. She siad that it was gonna be something like 10$ for both of them.
long haired guinea pigs are great! lol I know you already got your guinea pig but Ruthie is a longhaired and she is BEAUTIFUL!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.