Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Cavy Nutrition Charts Discussion Thread

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I see peas on the list but can snow peas still in the pods be given to guinea pigs? I just got some would love to give them some.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I see peas on the list but can snow peas still in the pods be given to guinea pigs? I just got some would love to give them some.

I've given both snow and the other one, forget what it's call, in pods like a couple times a week. Mooshy likes to dig for the peas and doesn't always eat it all. I looked at it like an activity to do, just like string beans. She's on and off about liking these things though so I give it to her if I'm having it for myself as well. Not one of those things I buy only for her.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Awesome! I bought some because I was thinking of trying them out myself self...I love them in restaurants and wanted to see if they liked them. Thanks so much!!

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I tried this and everyone loved the corn and tomatoes. Madea not so much but she did like the corn a little. Minerva can't have it again. She coughed a couple times and I was worried she was choking.

I'd be concerned about corn with Madea too. If it was a choking hazzard to Minerva, it could be to Madea. Corn is so not necessary with the very high sugar content and it being a starch like potatoes which are a no on the list so I never bother with it for Moosh.

AddysPiggies

Cavy Slave
What things can guinea pigs eat every day? ( other than hay and pellets of course)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@AddysPiggies [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] just answered your question. The link is to what you can feed your piggies and how often. :)

Cavale

Cavy Slave
Hello! Please advise the diet for guinea pig with chronical urinary problems. Now he eat hay, pellets (meadow and mountain grass) + carrot, apple, salad.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What kind of urinary problems? Stones, or infections?

Cavale

Cavy Slave
What kind of urinary problems? Stones, or infections?
Stones not find. Expected chronic cystitis or unknown pathalogy. He looks cheerful and healthy, but I afraid remission for incorrect diet.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm not sure diet changes would do much for chronic cystitis. Some pigs have interstitial cystitis, but there's not much known about how diet affects it. In people, some foods can cause a flare up, so you might try removing one item at a time from his diet for a couple of weeks and see if there's any improvement. Just don't remove his hay or his vitamin C source.

Cavale

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure diet changes would do much for chronic cystitis. Some pigs have interstitial cystitis, but there's not much known about how diet affects it. In people, some foods can cause a flare up, so you might try removing one item at a time from his diet for a couple of weeks and see if there's any improvement. Just don't remove his hay or his vitamin C source.

Thanks!

Cavale

Cavy Slave
Hello again! Results Ultrasonography of my guinea pig: nephrocalcinosis, nephroptosis, neoplasm urinary bladder. Please advise the diet if it need!
(medical
therapy I doing)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.