Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need help with transport !!- VA to AR

wierdo4life

Cavy Slave
I am rehoming my female guinea pig Maisy and Ly is going to take her in. The only problem is I am in Virginia and she is in Arkansas. I really need help with transport. My mother is going to Williamsburg on Thursday so we can start the transport there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wierdo4life

Cavy Slave
We still need people in Virginia and Tennesee who can help!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I really want this pigger people. C'mon help a lady out.

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
We are headed to Roanoke for Thanksgiving, if that would help???

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
We'd need transport from Williamsburg to Richmond and then from Roanoke to Jackson, TN. If we could get that set up, we'd be in business.

luvub40

Cavy Slave
I live in Denbigh(Newport News) and work in Williamsburg-let me know how/if I can help.Day/ Time, etc.

wierdo4life

Cavy Slave
We are possibly going to Newport News Saturday. Maybe you could take Maisy with you to work in Williamsburg and someone can pick her up from there. What time do you go to work on Saturday? If you can get her to Williamsburg than maybe someone can take her to richmond to 3littlepigs and she can take her to Roanoke and someone can get Maisy from there and take her to Tenn. Thats getting a little ahead of myself put those are the possibilities.

CBrewton5

Cavy Slave
Don't know if this helps or not, but if whoever is picking her up in Jackson, TN can get her here to Ripley, TN I can keep her separated over night with hay and food if someone can pick her up from here. We are only a county or two over from the AR border I believe. Wish I was able to do more but can do that much if it would help? Might be useful if the schedules don't line up exactly right for the piggie train?

luvub40

Cavy Slave
I don't work weekends. I could take her all the way up to Richmond on Saturday. If your mom is coming to N.N. on Thursday(tomorrow!) and you still want to drop off Maisy, let me know a time.If your mom isn't going to N.N. after all, I can pick up Maisy from Williamsburg. I am heading up North to visit my family on Saturday(my aunt had a stroke and I'm going to see her in Maryland). If these plans follow through, please let me know as I will be altering my travel plans .please respond.

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
Hey all. Looks like we might be able to figure out a way to get Maisy to me in Richmond (?), and then for me to Roanoke, but is anybody able to get her in Roanoke ??? I will only be there Thurs. and Friday and really can not leave her there after that. If there isn't anyone yet to help there w/transport, is there anyone in Roanoke willing to take care of her for a bit until there is?

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
I'd love to help, but I live in Northern VA, so no can do. Good luck!

wierdo4life

Cavy Slave
We are going to Newport News on Saturday. If we bring her to you on Saturday could you take her to Richmond, luvub40? Then 3littlepigs could take her to Roanoke. Is there anyone out there who can get her from Roanoke or at least have Maisy stay with you for a little bit until we can find someone?? Now look at this face, who wouldnt want to help her???

Need help with transport !!- VA to AR

luvub40

Cavy Slave
Not a problem, Weirdo. But:1. please make both meeting places easy to find because I get lost making a U-turn; 2. I prefer to meet in the a.m. if that's okay.; 3. you might want to lose the ribbon(too cute!) until she gets to Richmond or my 9 year old daughter might trade her and Ly won't be too happy finding a worn out stuffed animal instead of Maisy. Just PM me with details of where, when, etc.thanks

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Seems like the biggest problem at the moment is not being able to find someone in Roanoke who can help out or keep her until further transport is arranged.

Edit: mkkayla told me TNpigowner is in the Nashville area so I just emailed this link and a request for help to them. Maybe they will be willing to help. Also just emailed Janet at Knoxville GPR and asked if she knows of anyone willing to help with transport.

Last edited:

TNpigowner

Cavy Slave
Ly, I responded to your email. Thought it might be easier. ;-)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
TN, wierdo4life will have to give you dates and times. I'm just trying to round up people that might be willing to help. I forwarded your email to W4L.

wierdo4life

Cavy Slave
Well Maisy is off to Newport News tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye. Ly, I emailed Cave Spring Piggy Rescue in Roanoke to see if they can help. Just email me when you get a response from Janet. If we can get these two rescues to help then we should be set.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I was worried there would be no one in Roanoke to look after her while awaiting further transport. I hope that the rescue there will look after her.

I know it's hard saying goodbye. But if we get her here, she will have a great and loving home.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Wish I could help, but TX is just a tad out of the way. Good luck!

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
Just thought I'd update everyone. Thanks to luvub40 Maisy is here in Richmond safe and sound. Such a little cutie!!!
Anyone have word yet on if there is anyone in Roanoke who can watch her temporarily or help with transport from Roanoke on to TN??
We'll be leaving for Roanoke on Thursday.
In the meantime, weirdo . . . does Maisy have any favorite veggie treats? And how did you brush her hair??? My girls all have short hair so I'm a bit at a loss there?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.