Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emmsy_30/06
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
If you join up specifically to diss the forum then you will be banned for trolling, not trashed.

Ever look to see who owns the site? Someone who is against breeding and showing because they've seen it from the rescue point of view. Why would they allow discussion of backyard breeding practices and showing on their own site? Why should they? Why should they NOT have a vegetarian forum?

It was your choice to join, you obviously understood what it was about when you joined. Bye bye.

Trega

Cavy Slave
Its ridiculous you have a vegetarian section - shouldn't people decide for themselves whether they want tobe vegetarian or not? I can tell you I just had a lovely pork sunday dinner and mmm wasn't it delicous?

No one on here forces anyone to be vegetarian I believe that even one of the mods does eat meat.

I'm glad your leaving quite honestly. Bye!

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Hahahaha! That badge is hilarious!

No one's telling you what to do. We are a community of like-minded people, and if you aren't like-minded (which you obviously aren't) then you don't belong in our community. Theres lots of other forums who'll pat you on the back, but not us.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
We frown on people making posts just to be inflametory and create arguments. This is the type of thing that will get you banned. You made this post specifically to cause problems. If you keep it up you will get caged and possibly kicked off the forum because we want productive members not ones that just want to cause problems.

To address some of you silly points

-we have a vegetarian; section to help and support those whose love for animals encompasses not killing them for food. No one needs to be a vegetarian to be a member of this forum. Stating how much you like eating pigs is inflametory.

-We do not allow breeding and showing how to discussions because we do not cast a blind eye to the overpopulation and neglect of animals it creates. We allow breeders and showers to be members of this forum if they can respect our rules. We know we have many members that breed.

I need to ask how we have been nasty to you? Because we stood up for what we believe in on our forum? Please point out to me where anyone was nasty to you. Like most other breeder/showers that show up on this forum you get things blown way out of proportion. Inflametory posts are started in an attempt to reduce things to a crude and base level. I hope you won't start swearing next.

I welcomed you to the forum, informed you politely of our beliefs and rules and you decided to question them. They have been questioned a million times before and we will not waiver in our stance.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
You know, because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are attacking you personally or that they are trashing you.

It's funny how I am the one to feel persecuted when I go over to other forums that promote breeding. What's sad to me is that those forums are not exactly filled with college grads. I would love to find a breeder who is educated, smart, dedicated and scientific in their approach. So far, I've seen none that fall into that category who post in other forums.

There are definitely some single minded people here who are on a mission some of those folks may not have good social skills. They may offend but then I am offended when I spend hours on a post with a thought-provoking response, only to be responded to with monosyllabic sentences that make no sense.

While I do agree that sometime the folks here aren't exactly welcoming and positive I took the time to READ the forum before jumping in and posting. I knew before I posted what this forum was about, and who was who. This helped ME not to completely offend the entire forum by coming in and stating I was looking for fellow people who show cavies. That would be going into a gay forum screaming that gay marriage is sacrilige. It's just not appropriate.

In this particular case sweetie, you are in the wrong. You came here with an opinion and you created a scenario where you made it come true. Does this happen to you often? By walking into a room full of people who are spending their time, money and talent to STOP the overpopulation of guinea pigs and stating that you don't care about what they are doing and that all of their efforts are unimportant to you, you effectively asked people to offend you.

I've seen my own family members do this all the time. It's really a common thing. It's like popping a balloon and then wondering why the kid's are crying.

I've spent many a thread with people helping see why breeding and showing is bad. I fought them tooth and nail. I've disagreed with everyone here. Never did I feel personally attacked. Just MY BELIEFS were attacked and I knew that.

Yet -- here I was sticking up for these "responsible breeders" that I had pictured existed in my head only to find out that they honestly do not exist. People who breed guinea pigs sadly, ever so sadly do not know what they are doing on a professional nor a scientific level. Eventually I came to same conclusions that many on this particular forum have on this particular subject.

I've seen people "over there" who are equally without tact or decorum. Including those who think that if you don't agree with what they believe you are nasty and vulgar. When we throw away an entire community of people if reflects that you are judging the world based on pristine principles that NO one can live up to and maybe we need to re-evaluate what we are using as criteria for what being a valuable human being is.

I do not agree with everyone here, anymore than I agree with everyone "over there". I have read everyone's posts and made my own judgements on what to accept and what not too. That is part of maturing.

Sometimes, I have to take a break from these forums, because they all seem to have decided that PEOPLE aren't worth their time and energy unless they agree with your philosophy. Living that kind of life promotes a world where tolerance is not respected and neither are others. Kosovo is a great example. These people have nothing to fight about except how they have hurt each other. Yet generations of people hold on to that hatred and for what? To perpetuate the feeling that "I am Right" and I have the right to dismiss you because you are not worthy of me.

I am a bit more diplomatic. The way I see it, this nation was built on the principles of loving others IN SPITE of their flaws. Accepting others as who they are. Loving people no matter what they believe or have done with their lives. This is called Compassion. I'm a firm believer in letting this rule your life.

I have to admit it's hard to have compassion for someone when they appear to be attacking your beliefs. But that is what makes us better people.

Where does hatred, bitterness, backbiting, bickering, prejudice and pride bring us?

Before the fall I say.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
oh.. and yeah.. I post threads that are like discertations and NO ONE complains about it here! THAT IS TOLERANCE!

WeeHOO!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Emmsy, I have a question for you. Why do you show Guinea Pigs?

mtaylor33557

Cavy Slave
It seems that little miss Emma only came to cavy cages to get banned so that she could "wear her badge".

It must be some kind of status symbol to be "trashed" by cavy cages.

On another note, I'm personally not a vegetarian. I have a great respect for those who are, and have felt no pressure from anyone in the forum to become one.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
emoxrobot said:
No one on here forces anyone to be vegetarian I believe that even one of the mods does eat meat.
Yep, me. But I don't eat pork at all anymore and rarely eat beef. I mostly eat poultry and seafood. Even though I am not a vegetarian, T still loves me and respects me.

Emmsy_30/06 said:
People told me how nasty and vulger you people are but i though I'd give you a chance - I did and look those people were right!
Vulgar? You've got to be kidding me. We don't allow cursing on this forum other than an occasional hell or damn. Any posts that I've seen that contains any of the unallowed curses words gets edited.

You talk about "getting trashed". Well what do you think you are doing to us? I would call that "trashing the forum". This thread is being moved to the kitchen where it belongs. One of the other mods may decide to delete it since it's full of inflamatory comments.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
While her age is (obviously) not on her profile I would just like to let everyone know that Emma is very young and may find some of the posts harder to understand.

Emmsy_30/06

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
Hey Scottie
You simply couldn't be talking about me could you?

Hey I post for the WORLD to see baby!! I love to show off all my big words and ..PONTIFICATE

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I show my guinea pigs as its a great way to socalise and meet new people, and I enjoy the experience - don't tell me I'm cruel because my piggies are perfectly healthy and I have afew more shows comin up this year and I can't wait.
When did I ever say you were cruel? In fact I believe I have been nothing but polite to you. You are villanizing me but that is common.

I'm sure you can find another hobby that doesn't exploit animals. Don't you care about the animal overpopulation problem? Don't you care that many of the breeders at those shows keep their animals in horrible conditions and dump or kill their undesireables? Do you really want to associate with people like that?

Animals suffer and die everyday. I just cannot understand how someone who says they love animals would add to the problem.

Emmsy_30/06

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Don't you understand that showing and breeding go hand in hand and breeding leads to the already huge overpopulation problem and therefore animals die?

You may not kill your own animals but by supporting breeding you are causing the deaths of homeless animals. By sociallizing with the breeders that do kill their undesireables you are condoning what they do.

Emmsy_30/06

mtaylor33557

Cavy Slave
I've never seen someone so desperate to be unliked. I think you came in here convinced that everyone on this forum was horrible. It seems like you just need a story to go back and tell about how mistreated you are. You obviously know that no one in the forum condones showing or breeding.. why even come to the site in the first place? since you already had a picture of your badge scanned and ready, you obviously were planning a conversation where you had the opportunity to use it.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
So you don't care about animals dying for want of a home? You don't care that many breeders neglect and abuse their animals?

You are expecting us to respect you and your opinions with an attitude like that? If that is honestly how you feel then I have to doubt that you actually do love your animals. No one who truely loves animals would feel that way.

If you want us to understand your point of view I recommend that you actually contribute to a meaningful, intelligent dialogue or debate about the subject.

Livie

Cavy Slave
I agree with Emma.

I'm in no way against rescuing, I have rescued a pig before from a bad home who had head tilt etc and I helped him recover and once he was fully healthy he was rehomed. I have two pigs that I have ADOPTED from a rescue also.

However I'm not against responsible breeding and defnitely not showing. I do not breed, but I would like to have a litter in the future but I do not agree with nasty breeders etc. But showing is great, you all might think it's "stressful" for the pigs but how can you say that when you haven't even been to one? You have no clue what it's like. I have met my Best friends through the shows, Emma is one of them. It's a great way to meet other piggy people who love pigs as much as you and your pigs enjoy it also.

I don't see why you ban people on this forum for sticking up to their opinions, like agreeing to breeding or showing for example. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.