Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livie

Cavy Slave
Please show me the posts where people were being rude.

It's just the things some members say about breeders and showers, when they know nothing. Some rude comments on this thread and I have heard from members on GPW who have been banned from here.

Livie

Cavy Slave
Has anyone been watching the discussion about this on GPW? If so then please keep an eye on it. If they are pulling and posting quotes from this forum then they are violating copyright laws and the Owner of this site will like to know. Please PM me or the other mods/admin relevant links.

Hmmm.. spying on GPW? :eye-poppi

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I just find it ridiculous that some people on here are so rude to people who breed or show, and what makes things worse - most people on this forum haven't been to a show so should not be allowed to comment to people like that. I think it's just rude

And what is wrong with a shed? A WHOLE room for the pigs?
Not being rude in any way, shape or form. Just stating facts my dear. If you haven't noticed I am an admin/mod.

Also I do know about breeding but in hamsters not pigs. I am a reformed hamster breeder. Even though I kept my hamsters in good condition, I wasn't breeding them for the betterment of their health, didn't always have homes lined up and I did sell to petstores upon occasion. Looking back I would define myself as the typical "backyard breeder" at that point in my life.

If the shed is temperature controlled, clean, has light and you check on the pigs every hour or so well I guess there would be nothing wrong with it. But if it provides no heat or cooling, no windows to allow a bit of sunlight in and one only goes out once per day to check on their pigs, then everything is wrong with it.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Just to adress the title of this thread, sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just common sense to look at the group you will be sharing your opinion with before-hand. Of course, you would never walk into a foreign country yelling "I hate [insert country name here] and I don't care what anyone says about it because you all are little idiots and I'm right and you're wrong." That's exactly how you sound, disrespectful and very child-ish. Heck, my 10 year old brother acts more adult than you are at this time. Next time, be responsible and look into what you're getting yourself into before joining. It's simple common sense.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
It's just the things some members say about breeders and showers, when they know nothing. Some rude comments on this thread and I have heard from members on GPW who have been banned from here.
Please point those things out. It's easy to say we are rude, it's something different to prove that what you are saying is true.

I suggest you search and find the old threads from the banned members. They degenerated into name calling, swearing and I believe even a couple of threats. They were banned for a reason. Usually nreedrs that come here to stand up to us are dealt with in the same manner Emmsy has been. Tough but usually polite. The breeders usually get more and more crass until we have no choice but to cage or ban them.

We are not the problem. We are the problem solvers. Since you work/worked for a rescue one would think you would understand our point of view better and why we are so tough in out stance.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Hmmm.. spying on GPW? :eye-poppi
If I were spying I would have PMed known members I trust. I am simply trying to keep out copyrighted material form being posted on another site (we have had that problem with GPW in the past) and to try to keep more breeders/showers from coming over here just to cause trouble.

zambonigirl

Cavy Slave
I don't see why you ban people on this forum for sticking up to their opinions, like agreeing to breeding or showing for example.

There is a rather large difference between having a different opinion and joining a website purely for the sake of trolling it. Your little pal Emma (assuming that you're not the same person) came here to troll and make herself unpleasant.

As for the breeding and showing, that is not what this forum is for. This is a pro-adoption, pro-rescue, anti-breeding forum. If you want to go somewhere that supports those practises, then I suggest you find a different forum. Those opinions do not have room in a pro-rescue board. Breeding adds to animal overpopulation and cruelty and needless death.

Livie

Cavy Slave
Please point those things out. It's easy to say we are rude, it's something different to prove that what you are saying is true.

I suggest you search and find the old threads from the banned members. They degenerated into name calling, swearing and I believe even a couple of threats. They were banned for a reason. Usually nreedrs that come here to stand up to us are dealt with in the same manner Emmsy has been. Tough but usually polite. The breeders usually get more and more crass until we have no choice but to cage or ban them.

We are not the problem. We are the problem solvers. Since you work/worked for a rescue one would think you would understand our point of view better and why we are so tough in out stance.

Do you see members from GPW ever disagreeing with rescuing? NO. Just because lots of members agree with breeding and showing, how does that make them "cruel and childish" They can agree with all three. You don't need to be so rude to the people who breed, they have their views and you have yours.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
Personally I think a responsible breeder KEEPS their offspring. How on earth else can you tell the validity of your breeding stock? Ahem.. that is those who are educated enough to know that just breeding animals for color/coat/confirmation is backwards. My problem is that I kept sticking up for "responsible breeders" thinking that they existed.

In my mind responsible means, serious, dedicated, scientific, respected by others for their efforts, uses empirical data to make breeding decisions, keeps the stock until death, scientifically tracks each offspring on a daily basis, uses modern technologies to assist in creating a longer lived, healthier, tamer, smarter guinea pig. A serious, responsible breeder knows that breeding for trivial things is what brings about serious genetic defects in animals. To breed for purpose watching the results is the only respectable thing to me. This is the kind of mindset that is rare and I haven't heard of anyone yet who even begins to meet such criteria. If they exist they are not discussed readily on the internet by cavy owners.

Can someone please let me know of such a place? I'd love to take a look. Seriously.

Anyone?

Any.....

one?

Hello??

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Just because lots of members agree with breeding and showing, how does that make them "cruel and childish"

Now you're twisting it around. No one said all breeders were cruel and childish. This thread is about Emmsy and her breeder friends who came here to start trouble.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Do you see members from GPW ever disagreeing with rescuing? NO. Just because lots of members agree with breeding and showing, how does that make them "cruel and childish" They can agree with all three. You don't need to be so rude to the people who breed, they have their views and you have yours.
Of course breeders don't disagree with rescuing. We clean up their messes at our expense. A breeder would be cutting their throat to openly disagree with rescuing.

Rescuers often disagree with breeding because they are causing the very problem we are trying to fix. The more breeders breed, the more animals go without homes.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Who said Emmsy (or any other breeder in this thead or Emmsy's intro thread) was cruel? I believe I said she was acting childishly but that was because of her childish posts.

Livie

Cavy Slave
If I were spying I would have PMed known members I trust. I am simply trying to keep out copyrighted material form being posted on another site (we have had that problem with GPW in the past) and to try to keep more breeders/showers from coming over here just to cause trouble.

Actually a member of GPW who was a member here but unfairly got banned had her picture stolen and used for an example for a too small hutch. How rude can you get? Her hutches are lovely, pictures don't always show how big they actually are. That is taking copyrighted material from her without asking, and being really rude about it. You really should keep mean comments to yourself.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
In my mind responsible means, serious, dedicated, scientific, respected by others for their efforts, uses empirical data to make breeding decisions, keeps the stock until death, scientifically tracks each offspring on a daily basis, uses modern technologies to assist in creating a longer lived, healthier, tamer, smarter guinea pig....
Don't forget spays and neuters any animal that is not of breeding quality

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Can you offer proof? Her username here, the link to the pictures?

mtaylor33557

Cavy Slave
I read the thread.. the picture was not stolen.. a link to her website was posted.

If she didn't want anyone to see it, she shouldn't have put it on her page.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You just don't get the point. This forum is ANTI-BREEDING and ANTI-SHOWING. We will NEVER agree with breeders, breeding or showing. We aren't being rude or cruel, it's you that is perceiving us to be that way. But it seems that the majority of those who breed or show that come to this forum end up resorting to childish measures when we can knock all their arguments down with actual facts. It's those childish measures that end up getting them banned from this site. Not their opinions, not the fact that they show or breed (or both).

I have nothing against you as a person, or as a shower. I just don't believe that what you are doing is right. It doesn't benefit your pigs to show, it benefits you first and foremost.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Actually a member of GPW who was a member here but unfairly got banned had her picture stolen and used for an example for a too small hutch.
I believe that picture was deleted as soon as we saw it.

If there are pulled/posted quotes on GPW have you alerted a mod so that they can delete them before they cause a problem?

Her hutches are lovely, pictures don't always show how big they actually are.
That discussion has already played out. I have no intention of rehashing it.

You really should keep mean comments to yourself.
What mean comments? You have yet to show me anything. Prove it or drop it.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I read the thread.. the picture was not stolen.. a link to her website was posted.
Ah! That's right! Thank you. I really didn't want to have to look up that nasty old thread.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
And for the record, posting that photo was NOT a violation of copyright laws in any way. It was not presented as our own material, credit was given and it was being critiqued. Period. It wasn't rude. It was real. It was totally and completely legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.