Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emmsy_30/06
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Livie

Cavy Slave
I've never seen someone so desperate to be unliked. I think you came in here convinced that everyone on this forum was horrible. It seems like you just need a story to go back and tell about how mistreated you are. You obviously know that no one in the forum condones showing or breeding.. why even come to the site in the first place? since you already had a picture of your badge scanned and ready, you obviously were planning a conversation where you had the opportunity to use it.

Desperate to be unliked? You see what I mean, you don't respect other peoples opinions. Not every one thinks the same as you, you all need to learn to RESPECT THAT. Most breeders are responisble, you can't just jump to conclusions.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
It must be some sort of breeder badge of honor to come here and make fools of themselves. Then they can band together and commiserate about how the "animal rights activists" are so mean to them. Ho hum.

pakistani
Emmsy_30/06

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
Desperate to be unliked? You see what I mean, you don't respect other peoples opinions. Not every one thinks the same as you, you all need to learn to RESPECT THAT. Most breeders are responisble, you can't just jump to conclusions.

Why would you expect to be liked when you go to a board that stands for one thing and then post things against it? I'm against breeding, but I certainly would never go to a probreeding board and tell them how much I disagree with what they're doing. Why would I? I knew what the board was about when I joined.

Why would you go to a cat lovers board, post about how much you dislike cats, and then stagger around in a bewildered fashion when people didn't hug you and welcome you to their community?

Livie

Cavy Slave
It must be some sort of breeder badge of honor to come here and make fools of themselves. Then they can band together and commiserate about how the "animal rights activists" are so mean to them. Ho hum.

Umm yeah, you've got that wrong. :eye-poppi

Me and EMMA (if you read what she said) said we do not breed.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm not talking to Jody. I'm talking to you.

Tell me if these statements make sense please.

-There is an animal overpopulation problem.

-There are limited homes for animals.

-Breeding creates more animals.

-More animals creates a larger overpopulation.

-Some animals will not get homed therefore some animals will be euthanized.

-The more animals bred means the more animals that will get euthanized.

If you find fault with any of those statements then please tell me exactly what the faults are and why. If you can find no faults then you will have to concede that breeding causes the deaths of animals.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
She said she wanted to be a breeder, sweetums. Maybe you should read the first post? " I show guinea pigs, I know breeders and hoping to breed when I'm older!" If you read what she said, that is.

mtaylor33557

Cavy Slave

I never said anyone should agree with my stance on breeding, but then again, I don't go into pro-breeding forums and condemn everyone for not agreeing with my personal views.

I have said nothing about her showing or wanting to breed.. if you want to go back and read my posts.. I simply said that I felt that she came in here to start trouble.. I think thats why she already had her picture of her badge scanned.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
As is typical mmsy has now brought over other breeder/showers to cause problems on this forum. This is exactly what happened with that "cage" thread you brought up earlier.

Livie

Cavy Slave
Why would you expect to be liked when you go to a board that stands for one thing and then post things against it? I'm against breeding, but I certainly would never go to a probreeding board and tell them how much I disagree with what they're doing. Why would I? I knew what the board was about when I joined.

Why would you go to a cat lovers board, post about how much you dislike cats, and then stagger around in a bewildered fashion when people didn't hug you and welcome you to their community?

Umm, where did I say that I disagree with rescuing? No where. Two of my pigs are rescues and I help out at my local rescue a lot also.. they respect that I show - they are fine about it. Does that mean they are "bad" as some of the members on here would say? :sarcastic

Emmsy_30/06

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
So like most breeder/showers you are now going to act like a fool? How does this help us to respect what you do?

By the way, thank you for telling me I know too much. It's much better then knowing too little.

Livie

Cavy Slave
I'm not talking to Jody. I'm talking to you.

Tell me if these statements make sense please.

-There is an animal overpopulation problem.

-There are limited homes for animals.

-Breeding creates more animals.

-More animals creates a larger overpopulation.

-Some animals will not get homed therefore some animals will be euthanized.

-The more animals bred means the more animals that will get euthanized.

If you find fault with any of those statements then please tell me exactly what the faults are and why. If you can find no faults then you will have to concede that breeding causes the deaths of animals.

Like I said, I'm not disagreeing with this. But there are responsible breeders, not everyone is bad you know.

Emmsy_30/06

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
Umm, where did I say that I disagree with rescuing? No where. Two of my pigs are rescues and I help out at my local rescue a lot also.. they respect that I show - they are fine about it. Does that mean they are "bad" as some of the members on here would say? :sarcastic

My point being, the forum is clearly anti-breeding and anti-showing. Simple. End of statement. To come onto a board that is anti-breeding and start spouting off pro-breeding nonsense is quite foolish if you want to be "liked". I have never called any breeder or shower bad. So you can quit quoting that me. They are making choices that I don't agree with and that directly affect problems in guinea pig overpopulation. Most of them are good, decent people, but I don't agree with their decisions, and I certainly don't think it's very polite for one of them to come and flamebait an antibreeding board.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I've been to a show. I've seen how the judges handle the pigs with complete disregard to hygiene in between. I've seen how the pigs are kept in small wire boxes with limited food and water often for hours. I've seen botched ear tags. I've seen judges handling pigs in ways I would not. I've seen pigs scream with fear (no, not wheek, the same squack they make when they have an injection or are in pain) when being handled. What fun! Wonderful social occasion!

I choose not to ever want to see it or support it again. I came home feeling very empty hearted but for the red rosette my cavy one. Funnily enough I've never been to a show since.

You will feel very differently when you are an adult - it's all great fun when you're a child because you don't understand what goes on.

Livie - what part of "you are on a forum that belongs to a rescuer" don't you understand? Have you ever rescued yourself or picked up the pieces from backyard breeding? I doubt it. Many people on here, however, have. No-one is banned for stating their opinion but when you post deliberately when you know all about what the forum stands for, it's inexcusable.

Livie

Cavy Slave
So like most breeder/showers you are now going to act like a fool? How does this help us to respect what you do?

By the way, thank you for telling me I know too much. It's much better then knowing too little.

Now look at this post. "Like most" ??? How would you know? Have you ever been to a show? Do you have a clue?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I don't see why you ban people on this forum for sticking up to their opinions, like agreeing to breeding or showing for example. :confused:
If people were banned for this reason, you would have a point. But they're not, so you don't. When people who breed and show are banned, it's because they break forum rules which clearly state we don't allow "How-To" discussions on either topic, and more often than that, they are banned for being belligerent, rude, insulting, and many times for cursing out forum members, moderators, or the forum in general. It has nothing to do with their opinion. If you can find an example of a banned member who was banned purely for their opinion, please let me know their name. I have a feeling that if you read their posts, they broke several forum rules that have absolutely nothing to do with their opinions on breeding or showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.