Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any other Germans?

Your guinea pig was so adorable. He looks a lot like one of mine, Buster (named after a Koala on a children's show). I sure chuckled about the "romance" problem between the two males! Mine are all suppose to be males. Hopefully they are or I'll be making another big c&c cage!

That's so neat that they have guinea rescuers in Germany too. Yet another wonderful thing about your country! Are you from there? I see Bonn is in the NW part of the country. We never made it any farther north than Frankfurt, but we'd love to be able to see the northern section too.

Good luck on your search for the c&c cubes.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A4PigHome
    Your guinea pig was so adorable. He looks a lot like one of mine, Buster (named after a Koala on a children's show). I sure chuckled about the "romance" problem between the two males!
    It did work for a while but even though none of them ever got near a female, they both went crazy one day and attacked each other so viciously that I had to separate them. I still have the scar in my thumb - man, did that little guy have one set of sharp teeth. He let go the instant he realized it was me and not some enemy but that was a second too late. Ouch.

That's so neat that they have guinea rescuers in Germany too. Yet another wonderful thing about your country! Are you from there? I see Bonn is in the NW part of the country. We never made it any farther north than Frankfurt, but we'd love to be able to see the northern section too.
    I'm a crazy mixture from several places - all german though, so rather boring. *G*
    If you ever come to Germany again, make sure you travel along the river Rhine where you find dozens of pretty castle ruins and nice little villages. Further up north, the country is mainly flat, and you're in the Netherlands and Belgium in no time. *G* I sound like a tourist board.

Good luck on your search for the c&c cubes.
    Thank you! I'm now almost decided on travelling to Kiel (which is in the North) to buy them since I want a third GP (neutered male for my two ladies) and need a bigger cage. Not that I have the slightest amount of space but I've set my heart on those cages. Bad C&C forum. *GG*

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello. I am part German, but born and raised in USA. My 2 lady pigs and I arrived here in August of 2005. My husband and I will be here for at least 3 years. I am currently learning German. Since arriving I have found hay and somewhat acceptable pellets, but still looking for good quality supplies and cubes! Any suggestions? Do you have GP picnics or rescues here?

I hope so! Can you give me any info?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, are you military? What part did you move to? I lived in Germany for two years. I loved it! I was in BadKreuznach (its about 50 miles from Frankfurt). I did learn some of the language while I was there, but I have forgoten allot of it. It has been about 6 years since I was there. Well hope you enjoy your stay there!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabine1964
    Hello. I am part German, but born and raised in USA. My 2 lady pigs and I arrived here in August of 2005. My husband and I will be here for at least 3 years. I am currently learning German. Since arriving I have found hay and somewhat acceptable pellets, but still looking for good quality supplies and cubes! Any suggestions? Do you have GP picnics or rescues here?

I hope so! Can you give me any info?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Funnypigs! Thanks for the good wishes, I love it here, too. My husband was hired as a DOD Contractor. He does low voltage electrical for the local bases. So we're military, but not. I am very near Stuttgart. We live in a cool little town, Steinenbronn. Stuttgart is having their Cannstatter Volksfest right now. Oldest Beer Festival in Germany. We hope to go this week or weekend if the weather cooperates. We're having a rainy spell. When the weather is good, the girls can have floor time on our balcony. They have such a good time out there. Where are you at now? Still in the service? Hope they're treating you well!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I am so jealous! We were in Germany exactly one year ago and miss it so much! We backpacked around the southern third for 2 weeks. I miss the views, the good food, and the beer. We traveled via their wonderful train system and stayed at a variety of places. We hit an Oktoberfest celebration at a local restaurant last week, but it just wasn't quite the same.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're not serious. You have an Oktoberfest in Minnesota?? Wow. *G*

Hi Sabine, herzlich willkommen in Deutschland (welcome to Germany)!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are a bunch of Oktoberfests in MN and at least one really big one in Wisconsin. There may be one in North Dakota too.

A lot of the German immigrants came to this area in the mid 1800's to early 1900's. After being in southern Germany, I'd have to say one reason is because the land and climate are similar. My stepfather's grandparents settled in central Minnesota and they were from Germany...northern parts, I believe. His last name is Kragenbring.

My husband and I were just talking about going to an Oktoberfest tomorrow evening for supper. Due to a medical test, he won't be able to eat on Thursday, so he wanted to go somewhere with lots of good food the night before. Of course we will have some of the Oktoberfest beer, but it's not the same as what we had normally in Germany. The Oktoberfest beer is from Germany, but is darker and slightly fruity. I prefer the clear light-colored beer I had in southern Germany.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, even with the "wrong" beer, I wish you lots of fun!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, no I have been out for 4 years now! I am in washington now. This is my home state. I lived in BK for 2 years, and went to Oktober fest twice. Of course, I dont remember it! --hahaha, to much beer! I have never seen such a crowded place! I try to describe it to people, and they think I am nuts! I had to hold hands and push my way throught the crowds to get from point A to point B. The whol grounds was like one big mosh-pit! I am glad that I did that when I was younger, I sure would not do it now! hehe

I loved Germany, and got to visit allot of other countries! I visited Amsterdam, but dont remember much of that either !

The only thing that I missed about the US (besides family), was the conveniance we have here. Everything is open all the time, and you can find anything you want. In Germany, everything opend at like 10am and closes at 4pm. It was crazy! Good for the workers though!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabine1964
    Hi Funnypigs! Thanks for the good wishes, I love it here, too. My husband was hired as a DOD Contractor. He does low voltage electrical for the local bases. So we're military, but not. I am very near Stuttgart. We live in a cool little town, Steinenbronn. Stuttgart is having their Cannstatter Volksfest right now. Oldest Beer Festival in Germany. We hope to go this week or weekend if the weather cooperates. We're having a rainy spell. When the weather is good, the girls can have floor time on our balcony. They have such a good time out there. Where are you at now? Still in the service? Hope they're treating you well!

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How about Swiss? I was born in switzerland and lived there for 5 years

on a little farm in the middel of germany
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Re: Any other Germans?

´hey i'm from germany too!
    bis bald (see you later)

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes... here here

Bin dir aus dem Meerschweinforum gefolgt und finde es super

Thanks
    Thanks
    347 Rec'd/254 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you want to speak to each other in German, which is perfectly understandable, please do it in private messages. In public posting, please post only in English to the best of your ability. Thank you.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    another German, who don't like the Oktoberfest. But I like to her you talking about our country. Germans have a very low opinion of them selfes. Often they are complaining and thinking that other countries were better. But we seem to be all right....

I am from the southwest of Germany.

Nice to meet you all here.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was born in Germany (and was living there until I was about 19), so I thought I'd add a few words .

I agree, DanaScully, the Germans really don't have much of a self-esteem, which is rubbish though as most people who I have spoken to and who have visited Germany always go on about what a wonderful country it is (I agree!). Well, obviously, that "misperception" comes -as least partly- from the Germans' Nazi past. But still, everywhere I go (I have lived in France and in the UK), people complain and think it's better somewhere else, so it must be human somehow!! Strange, isn't it?

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey,

I am German too. Live near Frankfurt am Main.
    I have 3 Piggys. Mommy, daughter and Stepson :-)

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm a German. Not full blooded, but I'm a German. I've got one adorable guinea pig named Yuki (it's Japanese) and I'm trying for another.

Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/18 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, my Father is half German half Basque, and my Mom is half German and half Scottish. So I do have alot of German in me! Ive never been but It would be nice to go where your ansestors lived.

I have two guineas. Oko(Silver Agouti Broken White) and Hamilton (Red and White Long Hair Abby mix) Oko is 4 years old and Hamilton is 2 years old.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here I'm from Switzerland. I was in the US two times and in Canada 3 times over holiday. I love both countries even I don't like the US government, but that's not important for loving the country

Lg Annina

User Tag List