Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Honey?

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
Hey does anyone know what makes honey a non-vegan product? I have not eaten any since I became a vegan, but I dont know why I am not supposed to.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Honey is an animal product. It comes from bees.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
A couple of links...

(broken link removed)(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

hope they help!

stitsy&codyPig

Cavy Slave
Oh thank you.

Clover Cavy

Cavy Slave
Wow. Vegans have to awfully picky and careful. That would hard. It's my goal to be one eventually but that will have to wait till I can shop and cook for myself. Do you go to other people's houses for dinner often? It seems like it would be very difficult to go any where to eat. Is that true or do alot of places serve vegan food?

CadburysMommy

Cavy Slave
Wow. Vegans have to awfully picky and careful. That would hard. It's my goal to be one eventually but that will have to wait till I can shop and cook for myself. Do you go to other people's houses for dinner often? It seems like it would be very difficult to go any where to eat. Is that true or do alot of places serve vegan food?

No not really. I only eat at vegetarian and vegan resturaunts, most vegetarian resturaunts nowadays always have a decent vegan choice on the menu and when I eat at other people's houses I always make sure they know what I do and don't eat before I go, or if I don't know them very well, I just explain that I'm a vegan and as I wouldn't want to make cooking for me too much bother so could I bring my own food to cook.
As it's already been mentioned honey comes from insects. Insects are an animal. Honey=animal product=not vegan.

_chaxa_

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
hi i am trying to be a vegiterian but it is hard since i live with my parents. when i move out i will go vege. i turned vege since my parents killed my favourite pet lamb.sukky. ok so thankyou. from _chaxa_

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.