Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along R*E*S*P*E*C*T - sock it to me, sock it to me ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
You know what? I'm a little frustrated by all the drama around here lately. I'm especially frustrated with all the posts and private messages and threads dealing with things like how mean we all are or how hostile we all are or how disrespectful we all are.

Let's talk about respect, shall we? Is it respectful to:
  • join a serious forum for the sole purpose of causing trouble?
  • join a RESCUE oriented forum (which is plainly stated in numerous places on this site) and talk about breeding?
  • join a PRO-ADOPTION forum and repeatedly defend buying animals from pet stores?
  • join a forum filled with experts in cavy care and continually refute the answers given, just because they aren't the answers you want to hear?
  • join a forum dedicated to a certain standard of cavy care, but stubbornly come up with all kinds of ridiculous reasons why you cannot or will not meet those standards?
  • join a forum without first reading the rules and expectations?
  • join a forum without first reading through the policies and philosophies? (Those threads aren't there just to take up space; they are there so people can read through them and decide if this forum is right for them.)
  • join a forum and flagrantly abuse and ignore the rules?
  • join a forum and whine, nag, and complain about the rules?
  • join a forum, and then flouce off when you don't get your way?
  • join a forum dedicated to animal welfare and then bash animal welfare/animal rights organizations?
  • join a forum, break the rules, and then whine about being warned/corrected/whatever?
  • join a forum, and then complain about things that have nothing to do with you, like the way other members have been treated in the past?
  • join a forum and have your first post be a litany of complaints and criticisms?
Those things are not respectful - not at all. I find it really hard to take all these "Y'all are mean!" posts seriously when it comes from people who aren't very respectful, nice, diplomatic, whatever themselves.

Why don't you guys try treating this forum with a little more respect? Why don't you read through the forum policies and philosophies before joining? Why don't you read through the rules before posting? Why don't you read through more than 10 or 15 posts before making your first post on how hostile the forum is? Why don't you all take your individual issues to private messages instead of drawing the whole forum up into your drama? And why - if you find it so hostile here - why don't you just leave and find a different forum that suits your needs better?

Perhaps, just maybe, if you all were more respectful initially, you wouldn't find everything and everyone else so offensive. Just a thought.

Mods - Administrators, if you feel I'm out of line, feel free to delete my thread. :)

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
So very true Susan. I hope all of this drama calms down soon so we can get back to what's important: our animal friends.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Couldn't have said it better Susan.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
You're not likely to get a delete out of me. I think you very eloquently put in words what a lot of us have been thinking lately.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
I agree with you there; everytime I join a forum I make sure I abide to their rules and regulations.

jump it

Cavy Slave
I truly agree with you. I did a lot of reasearch and looking around on this forum before I finally decided to join. I'm getting sick of all the critism and drama new members start on here too.

jackie158

Cavy Slave
I agree also.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I completely agree and you've put into words exactly what I've been thinking with some of the posts lately. Just what is hoped to be acheived by making your first post one that disses the site and the attitude of everyone who is a member? Here, you get what you give.

mini'smama

Cavy Slave
Amen...Susan9608. Right on.

On a side note, I finally converted my sister to the use of C&C cages for her guinea pigs. Woot..Woot.

KPIGGY

Cavy Slave
I totally agree too. I also admire all of you mods for the Crap that you have had to put up with lately.
Whatever any body says this is by far the BEST Guinea Pig site.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
You took the words out of my mouth Susan.

DaCourt

Cavy Slave
The problem here is common sense, or lack there of. When I first joined this forum and GL, I lurked, read, got to know the regulars and how they posted. I think it was a good month before I posted anything. This is a great site with it's views clearly stated.

Anyone of us can let someone get the best of us, at any time. I know...I had it happen just recently. Did I know the rules...of course. But something in side of me temporatily forgot them. So, I took my slap on the hand and I am normal again. (Thanks mods). Honestly, I think there should be a common sense test before being able to join...OL.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I don't know about some of you but I've been hiding out. I have too much stress in my personal/work life to deal with people who don't know what the hell this place stands for and/or are just here to stir up the pot. I think you've stated what the majority of members here feel!!

RESPECT!!! Definitely!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Geez, Susan. That song's been stuck in my head all day since I read this post. lol

Rachel's Cavy Cove

Cavy Slave
Here here! I totally agree. I spent months on the site just checking what it was like before I signed up. People need to investigate what they are signing up for. I mean it's fine to give the newbies a little slack; some are just kids and don't know better but most of us are adults and should behave as such. I would hate to see this forum disolve into something like CComp because some people can't read the rules and regulations pertaining to this site. You mods have your work cut out for you. Best of luck!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
All I have to say is you took the words right out of my head. Thanks Susan.

janetangel

Cavy Slave
Yes Susan,
I whole heartedly agree and I am very thankful for you Mods. And that song is stuck in my head too, but it is not as bad as "It is a Small World" going thru DisneyLand.:D.
I am glad you posted that, I was getting a bit frustrated with these people and their argumentative views. I do not come to this site to argue beliefs. I come on this site because I enjoy the people, I love animals more than people and to learn how to keep my piggies happy and healthy. If I did not find this site, while researching before getting my piggies, I would not have known of the over population problems with piggies and other small animals, (I was aware of dogs and cats), I would not have known to get two piggies instead of one, I would not have known about the cages and probably would have found the best store bought cage I could find and spend an arm and a leg. I would not know what popcorning was, I would not have known what to feed them to keep them healthy and happy. I already knew about adoption and about petstores, that is why I was happy to find this forum. I actually did not know anything about forums until this one. This one is my first and only right now.

pamziaw

Cavy Slave
Amen to that!

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Phew! Lets hope the message gets through to those it concerns most! Thankyou Susan, and all our Mods!

spikeandkiller

Cavy Slave
I would like to add one thing... moderators are here to do exactly what the name implies->MODERATE! If it weren't for all of the mods on this site, certain people would be able to get out of line all the time and it would all just be a giant fight. Yes, if you ignore the rules and start trouble, mods are going to let you know it! This is to be expected! If all these crybabies and jerks can't handle it when someone gives constructive criticism (which is all I have seen on here, unless the person gets out of line with mods as well) then maybe they should just leave and find someplace else to start trouble!

Seeing as this forum is on a site that is all about giving your cavies everything you can and respecting the fact that they are living things just as we are, the people out there who don't believe in C&C Cages and floor time and are all about breeding their cavies need to find another site! Not that I don't believe every person is entitled to voice their opinions... but if you don't agree with the info on this site, what are you doing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.