Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ambitious project that I'm going to need assistance on.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
First of all, I'm posting this several places, so sorry if you read it twice, or thrice. :)

So I'm starting out on a somewhat ambitious project. I want to maintain a map of all the large guinea pig dumps that the various members of this community works with.

I'm going to slowly be going through the adoptables section and picking them out, but I want to make sure I catch them all, and put up adequate information. I want to put the place, the number of pigs, the shape they were in, the rescue that took them, and the date that it occurred. I'm going to also be going through and tagging by month and year so that they can be found a bit more easily.

(broken link removed)

That's the beginning of the map. If anyone wants to contribute information about dumps that their rescue has been involved in, I'd really apprieciate it. I want to make a resource to easily show people just how many pigs are dumped off en masse, to give an idea of how serious a problem this is.

If I ever manage to get this up to date, I want to go through and do a similar map for guinea pig rescues as well, so wish me luck!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
First of all, I'm posting this several places, so sorry if you read it twice, or thrice. :)
Actually, if you want to post it several places on the internet, that's fine, but only post it once on this forum. You may also want to go over and post it on GL.

SugarSpice

Cavy Slave
I think that's a great idea . It will give everone a better perspective on how many pig's get dumped into rescues. The more people can be educated the better , and new ways of doing so are always great .

evilnumberlady

Cavy Slave
Ooo, I wanted to do another project that required a mapping software like this, but I couldn't find a place. Thanks for the link.

muffin

Cavy Slave
Great idea, now when people come here and say, 'oh overpopulation isn't a problem, why shouldn't I breed my pigs?', we can show them your map as proof of irresponsible, indeed any, deliberate breeding. Good for you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.