Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

memorial

My Beckers passed away a week ago today. This has been the saddest period of my life. I have looked on the web for some way to give her tribute, some kind of memorial. I don't live real near any cavy rescue center but have asked the nearest one if they need any volunteers and have offered to donate any time I can to help. I am also sending them some supplies (hay, food) but what I am looking for is I guess something for me. A something to remember her by. Although she will always be in my heart, I just feel that we humans all get markers when we die I think a piggie who has meant more to me than a lot of people have should be entitled to some sort of lasting tribute. What have others done who have lost their closest friend?

Thanks
    Thanks
    9 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: memorial

I know this sounds dumb, but I lost my hamster back in May. My boyfreind and I tried everything. I was at the vets several times that week and my hamster only got wrose. I could not be in the room when the doctor put him down. I was crying way to hard. I could not even clean his cage out for the final time. My boyfriend had to do it all. I still miss my Buddy dearly. My boyfriend held the memorial service for him. He barried him under an azela bush. And he put all buudies favorite things in a box with Buddy. He put Romain and a few other things. Then my boyfriend and I wrote him a note telling him how much we loved him and how we will never forget him. After he was burried we found a pretty stone and put it where we put Buddy.

Losing an animal is very hard. I know my Buddy was just a hamster, but he was so special. I am very sorry for your loss. May your piggy rest in peace. I will keep you in my thoughts also that you find peace with the situation. Freindship hugs to you.

Thanks
    Thanks
    252 Rec'd/160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like to plant something for all of my loved ones who pass. I've planted trees, rose bushes, violets, daisies. These were all at my parents/grandparents houses. Now I am on my own in an apartment. If I loose someone close I plan on planting something in a pot for them. That way I can continue to take care of something and watch it grow and be reminded of them.

Thanks
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We had a dog that got hit by a car... we burried her under a big oak tree. This year, there is a little bush growing right out from her burial. Makes me think part of her is in that bush.

I like the idea of planting a tree, bush, or garden in an animal or person's name, because it is something living.. some you can still take care of and yet still be reminded of your friend... and trees last for a very long time...

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I usually keep the things that they owned, in a little memorial box.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jackie dont ever think that it sounds dumb k, Anytime an animal touches us no matter what kind of animal, how big, or any other factor one could think of is involved it doesn't matter. Our hearts don't care if it was a huge dog or a tiny dwarf hamster. If the animal touched us its going to hurt when they pass. I've had hamsters, gerbils, dogs, cats, piggies etc and each one that has touched my life has left an impact on me. Tigger my little gerbil was only part of my life for 4 days when he died suddenly. and you know what IT HURT just as if he had been in my life for years. Don't let anyone tell you different follow your heart.
    I do like the idea of planting something to memorialize becky with. I just got permission from the landlord to plant a pine tree sapling in the yard. I think I will do that. Thanks everyone. It might make me feel better. ps im naming the tree becky (i don't know if you can name trees or not but im doing it anyway.)
    With thanks vince

Thanks
    Thanks
    252 Rec'd/160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I name all my plants. You're supposed to talk to them anyway, so what's the point of talking to something that doesn't have a name? I'm sure the tree will be beautiful. I love pines.

And it always hurts to loose a loved one. I cry when I loose my fish.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found my memorial. I am planting a pine tree in the yard, and I called the local (actually its in aurora about 50 miles away) no kill guinea pig rescue and have volunteered to clean cages, help build their C&C cages and whatever else I can do to help. The lady was very excited and very suprized to here I wanted to help. It seems there are always enough people to help in the "glamor" areas such as showing the piggies off but usually nobody wants to get dirty and help clean and maintain the place. Sounds like my kind of thing and I am sure beckers would approve.

Thanks
    Thanks
    252 Rec'd/160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure she would. It sounds like a wonderful plan!

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator suzilovespiggie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    353 Rec'd/255 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

So sorry for the loss of your Becky. The things you are doing sound so heart soothing. I have a tree that all of my babies are under.

Maybe in time, after your heart heals, while working at the shelter, your heart will be stolen by another Becky who will need you just as much.
    Kudos for working at the shelter.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She (the lady running the shelter) called me today and asked me if I would take a little a little 4 month old ridgeback girl home. Her name is Flossy and she apparently has some "attitude" problems. I haven't seen her picture so I have no idea what she looks like. So of course I said yes. Something inside me tells me that I made the right choice. She comes home saturday.

Thanks
    Thanks
    252 Rec'd/160 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's wonderful news. I'm sure she'll find a happy home with you.

User Tag List