Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ron

Pigs4All

Cavy Slave
I've only been around here for a couple of months, and already i've got one which is passed away. :weepy:

Ron was a year old. He lived a happy life, of lettuce, parcley, and other yummy vegtables. But due to 35c heat, he got heat storke and died. It was boiling in the shade, and he was a long haired guinea pigs, so he had no chance.

Goodbye Ron, hope you had a good life.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry you had to learn a lesson like this the hard way.

I certainly hope you are planning on moving your animals inside where they belong now.

twinkies

Cavy Slave
So sorry about Ron. But in the future, please know that a majority of animals can not tolerate extreme heat and cold. Sorry you had to learn this too late.
RIP Ron:angel:

Pigs4All

Cavy Slave
It gets worse. The other one, harry, is not looking well at all. I've checked on GuineaLynx and think its proberly too late.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Get Harry to a vet immediatly. With vet care he may pull through. For the transport wrap him in a cool, damp (not soaking) towel and try to keep him calm.

cavypaulita

Cavy Slave
Take him to the vet ASAP, please. He still has a chance if you take him fast..

Pauli

Pigs4All

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice.

He's seen the vet, and he think he will survive. :cheerful:

I'm still keeping him cool though.

vince

Cavy Slave
Ron
Having lost my Becky recently I know how much it hurts, my sympathies to you and your piggy. They are right and I cannot stress enough get that piggy indoors. Please do everything you can to insure it does not happen again. And get as much education on these loveable animals as fast as you can. When we make a mistake often its the piggies that pay for it. Sometimes we cannot control what happens but we need to do everything in our power to insure their happiness and safety. They trust us to care for them and we owe them to honor that trust. I made a mistake and have to live without my Becky now. The pain and guilt are terrible and if I had my way no one would ever loose their piggie again. Again my deepest sympathies

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry PC Pigs. It has been so unusually hot in the UK - almost hitting 100F this week. I'm glad it's cooling down now, for everyone's and everypig's sakes.

*Hugs* to you and Harry. Thinking of you.
xx

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.