Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Dilly!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I showed my husband to tell him that some day we should rescue some Skinnies. He said "Ew." And I said, "But!" And he said, "Ew." again. I gave him puppy eyes and he said "We'll see in a few years." Hee hee. I'll win, but then again I have yet to see any Skinnies up for adoption near me (which is actually a good thing.)

fairysari

Cavy Slave
Skinnies are not necessarily smaller than furred pigs. One of my skinny boars, Tanuki, weighs 1100g. That almost 2 and a half pounds!

And I'd just like to say once again that I am in love with Mason.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Sari, that is good to know. The girls will stay put until they are twice the weigh they are now.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I like the video, cute.

Buggie_00

Cavy Slave
jdomans- How many piggies do you have? I counted 8 with fur in that video clip and then the two skinnies, who really do look like little hippos. So that's 10 total. If so that is great! The more the merrier I say, we don't have room for more than we have now and my husband refuses to budge on the subject at the moment. But one day we'll have a big house and I can have a whole herd of them too. Congrats on the new additions, I love the name! Skinnies are so ugly they're cute. My husband saw a picture of one and asked what was wrong with it, I just laughed and told him it was a skinny. He stated "now that's just wrong" and went about making his lunch. YAY for new piggies!

PiGgIeCrAzYBaBy

Cavy Slave
Good grief, how do you keep up with so many piggies? I'm having trouble with 2 and you've got 10. That video is too cute! I love the one with the black and white face that's towards the back to the right, it's face reminds me of one of my grandpa's cows (they're dairy cows, so please, if any of you are vegitarians, don't spaz on me). Too cute!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
That is skunky and she is Tarzan's lady friend and also Slap wants to pignap her!! She looks exactly like Sylvester the cat from Looney Tunes.

The 10 are quite easy to care for. Yes of course there is not much floortime as it is a huge ordeal. But the cage is so darn easy now to clean. I have Friday off right now and that is cage day. We try to get to most of the pigs nightly. I have a routine for salad at 6 each night and they expect it!

The tiny ones will stay separate until they get bigger. Dilly wants to be with the furries right now! I think she misses her mom who is a furry.

Talishan

Cavy Slave
They are all adorable.

Piggie Parent

Cavy Slave
jdomans, You won't belive it but remember the female that was black & white that looked like a dutch rabbit. She had 4 babies yesterday 2 of them are skinnies but there are 2 more just like Mason,Dixon,and Baily however their coloring is different. The 2 skinnies look like someone punched them in the eyes. They have pretty pink skin and these dark eyes with black circles around them.
I will try and post some pictures of them later today.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
JUDY! Congradulations!!! I've missed so much! Congradulations again! I am SO happy for you! Dilly and Peaches are just theee most beautiful wee piggies, your heart must swell every time you look at them! I love them! Wow! :)

JarBax

Cavy Slave
A couple of things I forgot (in my excitement) to add:

It is great to see Doolittle looking happy and healthy in your video again!

I actually thought for a brief moment that you'd miscalculated, and had 11 piggies! ... I counted the teddy in the background of the video as a pig!!! lol

um...does Jeff have a younger brother, living in Scotland?!!

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
Only just seen the video, it is fantastic! If one day we come accross some homeless skinnys, hopefully I will be allowed to take them in! Meal time looks BUSY at your house!

Kris just watched the video and said "there are too many pigs in that cage" when I told him that that was just the feeding part and your cage was actually massive, he said that one day we will make ours even bigger than yours - YEAH!!!!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Geez, how could I have missed this? I guess I missed a lot while I was away. They are absolutely precious!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have never seen anything so adorable. Just adorable. I love the pink nursery. A big congradulations!
My daughter had 2 skinny rats. Curley and Harry. Their skin was so silky and soft like velvet. I imagine the GP's are like that also.
Your husband is a gem. Keep him.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Auntie Jane, the girls have been wondering where you have been!

Piggie Parent, you will not believe how well things are here. All 10 are together. We got then on a Saturday and on Friday cage cleaning day, I did kitchen floor time and introductions. At first I was all panicked as the tiny ones had some marks on them, but I soon realized that it was from being up under the cabinets. The furries never harmed them at all. This morning peaches was chasing Doolittle around. Now that was a sight.
Dilly is a talker. When you pick her up she chatters away about what has been going on in her life. She loves to snuggle on Jeff's hairy chest! Peach is the baby of the two but getting more and more brave each day.
They are getting so big. Dilly has gone from 363g to 463g and Peaches from 453g to 496g. We actually see them growing. It is wild.
The furries lick them and nibble their ears but never hurt them. The tiny ones used to scream when that was going on but now take it in stride!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Here are some more pics and videos. The vids are from Introduction Day. Notice Sable licking and nibbling Dilly!
Here is Jenny in the tent with Dilly:

I am here to say the for us the best thing is to have new pigs in the same cage with a diver grid and after a week do floor time intros. It wasn't bad at all even though I was having a nervous fit!
Videos:
Dillys arrival - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
They are so precious! I love their floppy ears. Poor Doo, he thought he was the king of the cage, now Peaches is in charge. lol

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Hello wee girls, it's your Auntie Jane here! It is so good to see you happily in with the herd - lots of lovely new friends to play with! I am looking forward to the next installment!

Judy - well done! It all seems to have gone so well! Though I clearly remember how nerve wracking introductions are! I am so glad it all sent well, and they are all together! Fantastic cage!

I am off early tomorrow morning for a week, but give the girls an exta kiss from me, til I get back! Look forward to catching up then!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Jane I will let them know that you are off camping again.
Abys, they make the funniest noise with their ears. When the shake their ears make this buzzing sound and as Piggie Parent said to us, they sound like Junebugs flying in the house!

Piggie Parent

Cavy Slave
You have got to go check out the thread I started abou the new babies,JD you are going to have a cuteness overload for sure when you see them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.