Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Canada / US rescue in Progress

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Re: Pet Dumping at its worst!

Oh geeze. That was my husband. He read PMK's post over my shoulder and made an account just to state that I won't have ten pigs. He's a dork. I told him that if he ever made an account he sould be PiggieDad. He never listens to me.

Oh my! That is really short notice. She could have e-mailed you a little sooner... Good luck in finding a way.

C&K

Cavy Slave

Well, I am going to try and work on it, I feel a little bad now, I am sure with her father ill her mind is definately on other things, perhaps it is not just the "kids activities" that have prompted this.

Anyway, I need my beauty sleep. We will have to work this all out in the AM!

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave

lol PiggieDad would have been perfect! Ok, so maybe four is enough.... but how many out there have said THAT before?

I hope you guys can find a way to get her tomorrow!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave

Gremlin said:
Not a chance. You have my promise that in a year we will only have four pigs tops.

EDIT: This may just be my first and final post.. just for emphasis.

I just had a talk with my husband. He's afraid people took his post the wrong way. He was trying to be funny and is afraid he came off as rude. I've been trying to convince him to join here for a really long time, so I think that's why he put in the last part about being his "first and final post" to not get my hopes up. I explained to him how this site has to be paid for by CavySpirit and that his account takes up room and if he wasn't going to use if he shouldn't of made it. I made him feel super bad. Now he won't even come on here to post that he's sorry himself, he's afraid of offending people (or "Getting you in trouble," he pouts to me).

Sorry for making trouble. Sometimes he does stuff without thinking. I wish he would use his account though, I think he'd like it here. But I guess I cant make him.

Anyway, back on topic: I hope you can work something our C&K. It sounds like this woman has a lot going on. Thanks for everything your doing C&K and thanks to all who have already offered to help with the piggie train.

C&K

Cavy Slave

I just had a talk with my husband. He's afraid people took his post the wrong way. He was trying to be funny and is afraid he came off as rude. I've been trying to convince him to join here for a really long time, so I think that's why he put in the last part about being his "first and final post" to not get my hopes up.

Awww! I thought it was at least a little bit funny!
I could see my husband doing that if the threat of 10 guinea pigs was there!

As for the account taking up room, well, maybe it does and that is not good, but tons of people create an account all the time, post once and never come back! At least he isn't trolling!lol Then all the stupid posts would have to be saved too!

C&K

Cavy Slave

I just talked to my husband, It looks like I am getting her tonight!

I have to see if I have enough grids to make a 2x3, otherwise she is going to have to spend a few days in my 6 foot rabbit cage :(

Maybe we should change the name of the thread, how about

PiggieMoms New Pig!

or, Canada / US rescue in Progress?

Maybe The Gremlin said YES! (But not to 10)

Lets see if the mod powers that be can whip up something!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave

That can happen.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave

C&K said:
The Gremlin said YES! (But not to 10)

lol I'm so happy right now! I'm going to start build her cage today. Thank you C&K's husband!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Yay! I missed everything yesterday. I'm so happy you're getting her!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Well I posted a piggy train thread on GL, Pigloo and Cavy Maddness. Should I post a seperate one here? Or does this one suffice?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Haven't had the chance to read the whole thread but, if ya'll still need someone to get her from Toronto to Windsor I travel between the 2 every other month on average.

She'd have to travel on VIA rail, but if she's used to a class room, she'll do fine in a carrier in the quiet baggage area.

I cannot take her across the bridge though. I have no car and I need a new birth certficate. Someone would have to pick her up in Windsor.

Next trip is the weekend starting July 29. The next trip after that is in October.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Ooo, Sabriel that just might work out perfectly! I don't know if BabyGrl is willing to cross the bridge or not, but if she's not I can make the trip to Windsor. I'm thinking it sounds pretty good.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Hey I might as well help someone out if I have to visit my *insert scary music here* inlaws.

C&K

Cavy Slave
She'd have to travel on VIA rail, but if she's used to a class room, she'll do fine in a carrier in the quiet baggage area.

I cannot take her across the bridge though. I have no car and I need a new birth certficate. Someone would have to pick her up in Windsor.

Next trip is the weekend starting July 29. The next trip after that is in October.

I tried to post this before, but everytime I touched the "m" key, my screen Minimized!" had to reboot >(

Can you hold out another Month Piggie Mom?

I am sure if someone could get her to Windsor, we could find someone to hold onto her for a day or two if needed before the next person can pick her up...

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I think I can hold out for a month. It'll be hard (I'm so impatient) but it will give me time to build her a cage, get her bedding, hidey house, ect. I think this sounds like a very good plan.

Will you be alright with her for a month C&K?

It is so tempting to just get in my car though and start driving to Hamilton. :crazy:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
lol Hubby just said if I really wanted we could drive to go get her! Now I have to make up my mind if I really want to make this super duper long road trip. I'm so bad and impatient.

C&K would you be willing to drive to London any time soon? If you were I'd be able to do come get her from here and then impateint little old me wouldn't have to worry about waiting.

Last edited:

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
We could have like a Toronto girls day. C&K and I could take you to see the sights!

Or you could just go and drool at Hamilton's very impressive SPCA building. Very clean, bright and happy that place is.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
That would be super fun too. Hamilton is only 6 hours away...

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
"Maybe The Gremlin said YES! (But not to 10)"

FYI, this cracked me up!

yay!! Congrats on the almost pig. PiggieMom, are you going to connect your two cages or have the boys in a totally seperate area? (Merely curious)

And PS- Tonight we need pics C&K!!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
We're going to have the girls cage on top of the boys after quarentine. Right now the boys are in a horseshoe shape cage that is three 2x3s connected with two 1x3 lofts on either end of the cage. They don't use one of their lofts so I'm going to turn it into a 2x3 (a 2x4 if I can figure out how) with a 1x2 loft. It should be interesting. I just want to make sure that I'm still able to reach the boys. They run like heck from me when I try to pick them up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.