Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea pigs free run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
i can let my guinea pig roam free unsupervised becuase i know nothing will happen to him becuase there is nothing which can happen to him so there i proved my point

You have proved jack ____(fill in the blank at your own discretion). You can't predict the future so you can't say that nothing will happen to him. And as to your statement that "there is nothing which can happen to him", there are MANY things that can happen to him being unsupervised. So don't tell me there isn't. I know better!

I don't live in Australia, I live in the USA, but if something can happen to a pig here, the same thing can happen to a pig there.

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Ly&Pigs said:
I don't live in Australia, I live in the USA, but if something can happen to a pig here, the same thing can happen to a pig there.
I've been to Australia, and it's very very much like Florida, weather, environment, everything but the accent ;) If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Australia have the most posionous snakes in the world? Guinea pigs make great snake food. Not to mention it gets very hot in Australia, so unless you want your pig to die of heat stroke, please house him inside.

Louis
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Louis

Quiet Things

Cavy Slave
Louis I too live in Australia and its not Winter. It's only just Autumn. And Australia is not protected, we have some of the harshest conditions. And on the coast? Don't tell me you seriously think you can manipulate people into thinking that thats a protected area. I have many relatives who live in Western Australia, I know what it's like and if anyone remotly looks to start believing these "facts" you keep throwing around I will not hesitate to inform them otherwise.
I am all for keeping guinea pigs outside, I keep all mine outside. But I also keep them in safe cages and very safe runs.
Oh and a Hawk is a bird, snakes do come out in winter, in fact they are more likely to seek out warm places in peoples backyards because they are sheltered. And your supplying a nice food source.

Quiet Things

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on getting him a companion though. Definitly getting a thumbs up for that.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yay - you're getting him a buddy. At least that's some good news

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Louis said:
Its winter here so there is no snakes and also i dont let him out during the summer it is too hot outside and i kinda worry. Think about this if he has been playing outside for 3 years what are the chances of something happening to him now.
There are chances everyday. Your pig is just an extreme case. I'm really surprised he's not dead allready.

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Louis said:
I am getting him another boar in 5 weeks

Also florida (where ever that is) is proberly nothing like here, the thing is you poeople dont understand what it is like here, its very protected.
sorry for double posting
Congrats on the boar, that will make your pig happy. But I live in Florida, and have been to Australia, and they are very VERY similar. Same vegetation, similar weather, wildlife for the most part. We even have some deadly snakes here as well. I doubt you have "snake proof," "weather proof," "disease proof," "animal proof," "horrible people proof," and "bird proof," barriers between living areas, and the wild. Australia has some of the most deadliest snakes in the world, so how can it be possibly safer than anywhere else? ANYwhere you live there is always a risk, and Australia is just as bad, if not worse.

I'm glad you take him in during summer, but winter cannot be any better. A GP is suupose to be in 60-75 degree weather, and I know your winter is not 60-75 degrees. Not to mention there will be no fresh grass for him to much on.

Louis

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Louis said:
So really i have the facts and if other people dont try it (in a safe country) they wont know what it is like.
So you want me to risk my pigs life so I can just try something? How about I put a baby on a moving vehicle, because I want to see what it's like.

No country is "safe." There are dangers EVERYWHERE. That was just the stupidest thing I ever heard.

Louis

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Louis said:
Im not saying you, im just saying people who know what they are doing like me
Louis, You don't even have a clue what you're talking about.

Louis

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
There you are assuming things again. I am NOT scared to let my guinea pigs have free run. I let them outside for free run in the summer. We love it and I watch them. I even sent you a very polite message asking to please not assume things when Im posting.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Louis, I don't think you are getting the point. I, alongside other, DO put out pigs outside. I told you that before.

marci

Cavy Slave
I can't believe we're even still trying with this kid. Louis: you're a selfish child. End of story. You don't deserve to have pigs, considering how ignorant you are.

Louis

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Louis said:
What's the problem then?, People these days need to relaxe and slow down the wheels , they sure do get hyped up about nothing these days.
Yes and these days people need to use correct grammar and start being less ignorant

nightowl

Cavy Slave
Everyone has thier opinion on how to care for their piggies. Please don't be calling people ignorant due to the way they want to care for thier piggies is different on how anyone else would do it. As for letting the piggies having free run outside for the summer; I see no problems with it as long as you have a fenced yard, some shrubs or bushes, no fertilized grass. My Aunt who resides in California has GP in her back yard with small dogs, tortoises, goats and cats and they all get along just fine. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.