Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member With Newborns!

AggiePig

Cavy Slave
Yeowch! Violent nursing!

No, I really don't know how mothers, guinea pig or human, don't snap a little more often. I'm sure a mother loves her children to death, but it seems like they can be so trying at times! (I know I certainly tested my parents regularly.)

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Lol, my boys are still cute bumbling things. But the oddest thing is that at a week old they are weaned. Mum was a rescue girl with malnutrition and didnt produce any milk. So i was hand rearing. Yesterday the boys refused their milk so I checked Mali, her milk had come down finally, but the boys weren't nursing.

They are already eating grown up food, and being big boys LOL. If it lasts i'll move them out when they start rumble strutting.

Emma

AggiePig

Cavy Slave
Wow Bellebelle, you've sure got some go-getter pups that's for sure! My boys were still nursing periodically up to Friday night when I separated them. Riff and Raff must be momma's boys.

It took me the entire weekend considering the options and I've come to the very difficult decision to re-home little Raff. I can't have two separate cages on a permanent basis in my apartment, things are just too tight. I've decided that once Raff is placed in a new happy home, Aggie and Riff will live in a divided cage until after he is fixed.

I'm adding Raff to the adoptables thread. I'm still pretty broken up about it, but it is the best decision.

*~*Natosha*~*

Cavy Slave
Awww you make it sound so sad. *Tear* Perhaps lots of pictures post-adoption or maybe even visitation rights would be of some comfort! Which, if I get my way and get to have lil Raffers.... you will definately see his growin' up pictures.

AggiePig said:
Wow Bellebelle, you've sure got some go-getter pups that's for sure! My boys were still nursing periodically up to Friday night when I separated them. Riff and Raff must be momma's boys.

It took me the entire weekend considering the options and I've come to the very difficult decision to re-home little Raff. I can't have two separate cages on a permanent basis in my apartment, things are just too tight. I've decided that once Raff is placed in a new happy home, Aggie and Riff will live in a divided cage until after he is fixed.

I'm adding Raff to the adoptables thread. I'm still pretty broken up about it, but it is the best decision.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.