Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking for a male pig near Chicago

NIUHuskieFan1

Cavy Slave
I'm looking for a younger male guinea pig to go along with my current male guinea pig, Paulie. I've had Paulie for almost two-and-a-half years now and would really like to get him a friend. The nearest place I've been able to find a pig for adoption is about 2-3 hours from here and all were either in pairs or were females. I'm starting a new job in three weeks, so it'll be difficult for me to travel that distance to get a pig. I'd like to have him soon! Thanks!

NIUHuskieFan1

Cavy Slave
Yes, I did. The only problem is the nearest location on Petfinder is at least 2-3 hours from me. There are still a few shelters that I haven't tried yet. I'm going to give them a shot. But let me know if anyone knows of a pig around Chicago. Thanks!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Have you tried www.craigslist.org? There are usually a lot of pigs in the chicago area.

Lorvoll

Cavy Slave
On craigslist, be sure to check under the 'free' section in the 'for sale' area, as well as in the pets section. They aren't cross posted sometimes.

bennyboy2006

Cavy Slave
Petco sometimes has animals who were given in for adoption instead of for sale. I got my two boys there. Check every once in a while. The one by walmart is pretty good with having adoptables. I'm from dekalb.

Lorvoll

Cavy Slave
https://www.petfinder.org/shelters/IL98.html
One last thought. Here's the link to The Critter Corral website. While the pigs are on petfinder and they're based out of Steger, several are in foster homes that may be located nearer to where you live.

Lorvoll

Cavy Slave
If you check petfinder's classified ads, you'll find a baby male guinea pig in Poplar Grove, IL that needs a new home due to allergies in the family.

RRadoy

Cavy Slave
NIUHuskieFan1 said:
I'm looking for a younger male guinea pig to go along with my current male guinea pig, Paulie. I've had Paulie for almost two-and-a-half years now and would really like to get him a friend. The nearest place I've been able to find a pig for adoption is about 2-3 hours from here and all were either in pairs or were females. I'm starting a new job in three weeks, so it'll be difficult for me to travel that distance to get a pig. I'd like to have him soon! Thanks!

Sent you a PM

kerrie

Cavy Slave
there is a 5 year old on CL he is in sycamore

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.