Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How to Make a Cuddle Cup (requires sewing)

CinderSmoke

Cavy Slave
I don't have any piggies, but I made a cuddle cup using these instructions and want to say THANK YOU!! It was so easy (except for one brain fart I had), and my boys absolutely love it! I didn't use fleece though. My cuddle cup is all cotton, since it is too warm right now for anything else.
Great instructions, and the pics were a BIG help!!

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Does anybody know how much fabric you need to make one of these? 1/2 yard of each? More? Less?

I'm taking a week and a half off mid-July and this is going to be my big project to make one of these for each pig.

ittybitty98577

Cavy Slave
Does anybody know how much fabric you need to make one of these? 1/2 yard of each? More? Less?

I'm taking a week and a half off mid-July and this is going to be my big project to make one of these for each pig.

You can go to a fabric store and take the dimentions mentioned in the first post and the people there should be able to help you with how much fabric you should need.

ms pixie riot

Cavy Slave
Can anyone think of a reason why I couldn't use fleece for the inside and outside both? I've come into an abundance of fleece and want to use it up!

eeyorestreats

Cavy Slave
I did use up my fleece and my pigs love the cuddle cup I made. :)

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
I don't know why you couldn't

piggyluv

Cavy Slave
I don't have any of the batting, do you think that if I pull apart some cotton balls it would work as well? Will the dimensions fit all pigs or should I expand a little for my male abby adult (who's a little cubby with a big rearlol )?

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
If you pull apart cotton balls they will not stay together inside the cuddle cup. They will most likely move around and bunch up, then turn into an uncomfortable lumpy piece of piggy furniture!:sad:

frashy

Cavy Slave
If you pull apart cotton balls they will not stay together inside the cuddle cup. They will most likely move around and bunch up, then turn into an uncomfortable lumpy piece of piggy furniture!:sad:

Ugh, I tried that..I hand sewed my cuddle cup and an uncomfortable lump piece of piggy furniture is exactly what it was. LOL. There went a days worth of sewing down the drain.

piggyluv

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I'll go buy some batting then.

Amethyst

Cavy Slave
Wow! I just have to say a huge thank you to you for posting this!
I was planning on sewing my own cuddle cup from the pictures I've seen..but I still wasn't quite sure how, your instructions are awesome! I shall make a couple of these as soon as possible. :cheerful:

Dalonobra

Cavy Slave
For the inside of the cuddle cup can I use felt? I have some of that laying around the house. I think it would work.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
For the inside of the cuddle cup can I use felt? I have some of that laying around the house. I think it would work.
You could, but it is awful because everything hay, hair, and etc. stick to it. It also isn't as cuddly for guinea. However, I've thought about using it in place of batting. It wouldn't absorb much, if they use it as a bathroom, but it would provide the support and cushion.

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
My pigs walk over and flatting their cozy cups and cozy sacks. Is there anything I can put inside that will make it keep it's shape? I'm tired of having to open them back up so they can get inside of them all the time.

RainKindle

Cavy Slave
Online when you buy them somewhere I saw that they advertised ribbing of some sort in the opening.

psmadden

Cavy Slave
wow thanks for the cuddle cup instructions- my girls have made theirs a mess and its very helpful info on how to make one, then you can get creative with them as well! I will have to try to make one. Thanks again for the instructions!

DC Piggies

Cavy Slave
Thank you, thank you, thank you Ly and Furkidsmommy and jdomans for the totally awesome instructions! It's so cool that I can make a cuddle cup myself!!! YAY!!! I'm extremely happy right now!!!lol

twozie

Cavy Slave
Hello, is this big enough for one or two cavies? Thanks.

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
Aww! Too cute, finally a sewing project for me! I love to sew and last christmas, my mom got me brand new sewing machine and it's been a year and I've only used it like a handful of times:). I can't wait now to make one and pick out some great cozy fabrics!

cavyluv2

Cavy Slave
I love these!! I'm using towels for it though, do you think that would work?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.