Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Crisis in California, Humane Society Silicon Valley

The Humane Society Silicon Valley has nearly 20 guinea pigs who are in dire need of new homes or foster homes. Cavy Spirit is overflowing as well, and cannot take in these guinea pigs. Can anyone help by adopting one of these sweet pigs? http://imageevent.com/shelters/casantaclarasantaclaravalleyhs http://www.hssv.org They all have incredible temperaments and would make awesome pets. They really need a chance at a new life!

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Re: Crisis in California, Humane Society Silicon Valley

I'm sorry, I'm new to this forum, but how old is this post? I've been checking the Humane Society website this past week and I don't see any new piggies. Actually, I don't see any at all at the website.

I recently adopted two femals from the HSSV and was thinking that if there was another female that needs a home I can take one more.

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,447 Rec'd/1,918 Posts

This thread was started on June 1, 06. It's only 9 days old. Maybe they don't have them listed on the site. Have you tried calling them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    347 Rec'd/254 Posts

The date is in the upper left corner of the post. This was posted on June 1, 2006. When you click on the link, it shows the pigs, but the date on there is January 2003, so I'm not sure how up to date it is. You could always call them and see what they have for adoption. Cavy Spirit is run by Teresa, the owner of this forum. You can send her a private message to CavySpirit.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Hmm...I see that it was from 6/1/06...I feel incredibly stupid now.

I looked at the pictures. Picture number 9, the two males...are those Jack Bauer and Kiefer? I remember visiting with them when I adopted my girls. They were really sweet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Yes, HSSV is still overflowing! There is an adoption event tomorrow. I'll be there from 11:30 or so until 2 or so.

There were 2 single females when I was there last time. Pictures # 5,6,7 & 8 show the single girls. They do get along with other pigs. The one girl's cagemate was euthanized due to illness, and the other girl's cagemate was adopted out.

For some reason, they have taken the guinea pigs off their website, unfortunately. I am hoping to talk to them tomorrow about that.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Didn't make it to the adoption fair over the weekend.

I hope they found new moms and dads over the weekend...do you know?

I may join you in taking pictures of adoptables at the HSSV. I work close by.

But do I have to make an appointment/be a formal volunteer to do all that? I have commitment issues but sometimes when I have a free moment I can go there and take pictures here and there. I know I can just walk into the main area where the bunnies and hamsters are, but seems like there's another area in the back where they keep the other cavies.

User Tag List