Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have information

The cubes (or Gitter-Steckregal or Metall-Steckregal) can be found at Plaza (written in italics so that you know what is part of the name and what isn't). The store's website address is www.plaza.de and it has 2 branches: Warenh채user, which just sells normal products, like Wal-mart, Target, etc. The other branch is called Baum채rkte which sells things to build with and improve the home, like Lowe's. Only the Warenh채user branch sells the cubes.

Ok, it might get confusing here, so let me know if I don't describe everything well enough: The Warenh채user branch, has 2 branches of it's own: Plaza West (west) located in Schleswig-Holstein, one of the 2 most northern Bundesl채nder ("states", like in America, but for some reason, they cannot be called states, I don't know the difference) in Germany, and the other is Plaza Ost (east) located in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, the 2nd one. Here is a map of Germany to give you a visual http://www.emansworld.com/TRAVEL/travel.html?trav_fr-map-germany.html Schleswig-Holstein is shown in red at the top of the map, and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern next to it, is shown in green.

Off the subject, the little yellow spot under Schleswig-Holstein is Hamburg, the "state" that I live in, and you can see the big dot inside it also labeled Hamburg, which is the city I live in.

Here is the list of cities in Schleswig-Holstein that have the cubes: Husum, B체delsdorf, Kiel, Bad Oldesloe, and L체beck, Geesthacht.

Here is the list of cities in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern that have the cubes: Scwerin, and Ludwigslust.

I have a picture of the cubes, shown here http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/psyche15/detail?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.dnm=26f6.jpg The measurements say "approx. 35 x 35 x 35cm". They are availible in colored (red, yelow, blue, and green) or black and is a 6 cube set. According to the sales paper, it normally sells for 19,99 궗 (Euro) but for the week ending on the 22 of May, was sold for 14,99 궗, "25% cheaper". If one of the stores ran out of cubes, you can call another Plaza store and they will ship a box to the store nearest you at no extra price.

Here is another website http://www.schrammshop.de/pdf/Schram...tter-Regal.pdf of a store based in M체nchen that has the cubes (accessories and even the rounded corner grids) as well, but each grid is sold separatly.

I don't know what Coroplast is called in German, but as soon as I find out, I'll post it.

Here is the German thread I posted with all the same details, but in German, of course http://www.meerschweinforum.de/forum...threadid=34882

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I have information

Schrammshop doesn't sell them anymore. I just bought the last nine grids today. When I talked to the vendor, he said they had never sold well, so they kicked them out. So now we have to try Kiel, M체nchen or some other remote place on the map. *hides from all the Kielers and M체ncheners in this forum* *G*

.... do 9 grids qualify for a "big" cage??

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YAY! I found something very close to the cubes at ZOOPLUS.de. Check this page: www.zooplus.de and follow the links "Kleintiere" -> "K채fig & Auslauf: Freigehege". It's very cheap - only some 17 Euro, shipping included. You can't use it to build second levels but it's great for making a really large floortime area.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As for Plaza, I just called them and they were slightly surprised, as if they had never heard of cubes as shelf material. But a nice lady promised to try and find out if they store them. She'll call me back.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Argh. She called me back and said she had no success asking. Advised me to try a metal shop. How come people act like they've never decorated a store in their life? Sorry guys, I tried.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

any of you thinking of selling on ebay? you should do!

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not selling, I want to BUY!

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh well. I've spent the last two hours hunting for Coroplast in Germany. There is a product called Coroplast but it's some kind of duct tape. I have found a thing called "Polykarbonalplatte". Might be worth a try.

I haven't had any luck finding the cubes so far.

------

Polykarbonal ist ein Kunststoff, der in der Baud채mmung verwendet wird. Man bekommt es in Hohlkammerplatten, leider gibt es so gut wie keine brauchbaren Bilder von Querschnitten durch solche Platten. Aber dieses Zeug scheint mir noch am ehesten dem Coroplast 채hnlich zu sein, und es besteht eine Chance, es in 철rtlichen Baum채rkten zu finden.

Mit den Gittern hatte ich noch kein Gl체ck.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found this site last night: Kuhn-Design and ordered the grids. I'll try using them for the base and the long sides and will use my nine "proper" cubes for the short sides. Should work. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks
    Thanks
    13 Rec'd/9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How is the size of the grids? They spacing between them seems kind of big. Are you sure you guinea pigs won't be able to fit through them?

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe - I'll have to see them. If the spaces are too big, I'll use them only as a floor beneath the PVC.

Thanks
    Thanks
    13 Rec'd/9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Or you could overlap them together, like people overlap grids to babyproof their cages.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They're too big for that - 1,80 metres long! They'll fill up my living room as it is, and I fight for every cm left for me to get in and out of the room.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI!

Also ich habe ja auch schon versucht herauszufinden was dieses Coroplast ist!
    Ich hatte mal als Kind einen Koffer von Motorola, das war ein Werbegeschenk und daraus gebaut!
    Leider habe ich ihn nicht mehr.

Bei SOS von Pro Sieben habe ich auch mal diese Doppelstegplatten gesehen. Aber die Kammern sind viel Gr철횩er und dicker und lassen sich bestimmt nicht so leicht verbiegen. Es scheint festeres oder dickeres Material zu sein.

Stegplatten aus Polycarbonat Habe ich auch gefunden, das wird wohl vor allem gebraucht um Gew채chsh채uschen zu verkleiden.

http://www.easytec-info.de/Doppelste...egplatten.html

Hier ein Link.. die meisten Stegplatten sidn abeb durchsichtig udn so 채hnlich wie Plexiglas.

Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coroplast hei횩t bei uns doppelwandige Stegplatte. Ich suche noch.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!
    Ich finde eure idee super! das mit den C&C kfigen in deutschland.
    aber was sind denn grids? und was wollt ihr als gitter nehmen? ich finde die kfigr nmlich auch so toll. und wenn man die dann nichtmal per schiff kaufen muss is das doch super!
    Danke schonma fr die antwort,
    LG Julia

Thanks
    Thanks
    347 Rec'd/254 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This thread has been dead for over a year, and the other people who responded previously were advised of this earlier. This is an English speaking forum which we are happy to allow international forum members to participate in. For that reason, it is required that you post either only in English or if you want to post in your native language, you must also post a full English translation. Of course you are welcome to post to others who speak your language in private messages at any time.

User Tag List