Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Member Names And Accounts

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
LISTEN UP MEMBERS!!!

You are allowed ONE user account only. If you join under whatever name, then stick with that name. If you are having problems with your name or account and can't post, pm or email through the forum or any other problems then private message CavySpirit or one of us moderators for help but DO NOT create another account.

From today on anyone creating another account so they can back themselves up on threads, to troll, to be a whiner, a griper, etc. OR for any reason will receive this prize:

ALL of your member names will be banned without warning and you will NOT be allowed back on the forum ever again.

People who are banned and come back with new names will just keep on getting banned. And just for the record, with the new forum upgrades that T installed, we now same computer checks in addition to having registration ip addresses so it makes people so much easier to find with multiple accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Yey! Lock down on Trolls! Way to go.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
But it's not just for trolls, it's for anyone who creates and uses more than one member name for any reason. I want to make that clear.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Excellent idea.
My brother made an account on one of the computers I use, but I don't think he's used it in ages.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
If you have one computer in the house and you and a sister/brother/mother/father etc. all are sharing it you won't get your accounts deleted. We have a couple of those situations with members who are siblings. But you need to let us know if you are in that situation.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Bumping this up so everyone can read it.

bromers

Cavy Slave
I personally think your right Ly. What is the point in making more then one account. To much confusion and if you really need to make yourself a seperate account just to back yourself up well that's kind of sad.

shscheerchick

Cavy Slave
I agree with bromers. it is really sad when u have to create another account just to do that. this is a great idea. i know that other sites who dont do this have more problems than sites who do this kind of thing.

MyPiggiesRock

Cavy Slave
Excellent, I can not wait to be more involved on this forum. Thanks again.

pamspigparadise

Cavy Slave
Question:
Is this website related in any way to guineapighome.com?
I joined the forum there also but used a different name which I
am trying to change to the same name.
Just wondering - I know theres a link under Classifieds that brings
you to that website.,
Thanks, Pam

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Question:
Is this website related in any way to guineapighome.com?
I joined the forum there also but used a different name which I
am trying to change to the same name.
Just wondering - I know theres a link under Classifieds that brings
you to that website.,
Thanks, Pam
Yes, Both are owned by the same rescuer, CavySpirit.

To change your name on GPH you will have to email the owner/Admin and she should be able to take care of it.

Pymama

Cavy Slave
I used this same name for both forums. Can you belong to both forums or it has to be either or?

Thanks a bunch!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Yes, you can belong to both forums. We just don't want people having aliases. If you have a name here, don't start another. If you have a name on GPH don't start another one. One name, per forum, per user.:)

Pymama

Cavy Slave
Yes, you can belong to both forums. We just don't want people having aliases. If you have a name here, don't start another. If you have a name on GPH don't start another one. One name, per forum, per user.:)

Ok so Im good!
Its bad enough I cant always remember my password.....on top of that if I had more names and different passwords for each.....I couldnt never get into anything. Id go crazy!:eek:hmy:

I pretty much use the same name everywhere.....one name is enough for me.

Blue_Meanie

Cavy Slave
Well before i joined this forums, i was looking at other forums to join, but I think this is the best one i have ever been too. Other i see are mostly about health and emergency. D: Boring, but important. But in this forums, you can talk other things. Also, how would you know if someone made multiple accounts? Like the guy can make new e-mail addressess.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
how would you know if someone made multiple accounts?
We have our ways to figure things out along with an automated system that alerts us to Alter Egos. It doesn't matter if you create a new email address. We can still tell. Sometimes it takes us a little longer but we catch the rule breaker eventually.

pigsmakemesmile

Cavy Slave
Hello,
I am a newcomer and would like to change my user name now that I understand what usename is. I sent Ly&pigs an email on this, just waiting a response.
Thankyou

kristal

Cavy Slave
I only have one account, and i think my sister has one too.

Skinny Pig

Cavy Slave
I have a question:
If you use your brother's e-mail,(Not of age or something to have a personal e-mail) and he gets an account here, but won't let you on, and you want an account here, would that be like making multiple accounts or would it be an exception?

By the way, this doesn't apply to me, I was just wondering if you guys do make exceptions or not.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
You must use your own email address that you can get to to verify your account and receive any notifications from the staff.

Two (or more) people in the same household may each have their own accounts BUT you are to alert a moderator beforehand and say, "My brother/sister/mother/father/aunt/uncle/grandma/grandpa would like to also make an account here. We live in the same house".

However, you are NOT allowed to log into each others accounts and post.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.