Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dallas Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Dallas Pigs (Pictures included)

After much thought and consideration, my husband and I have made the heart-breaking decision to rehome some of guinea pigs. We have 2 (possibly 3) females and 2 males we feel need new homes. My husband and I are willing to drive them a reasonable distance to ensure they get a good home. (Reasonable being to Austin, Houston, Texoma, etc)

This is Pindin. She's a light brown mixed with black, abryuvean female, and she was born in October of 2004. She's very sweet, but shy. She's bonded to her mother, Cheddar, and they need to go together.

This is Cheddar. She is an orange abryuvean (sp?), and she's about 2.5 years old. She's also sweet, but very shy and skittish. She's bonded to her daughter, Pindin, and needs to be homed with her.

If you take both girls, you can take their cage (which is a 2x3 equivalent C&C cage) the vetbed I use in their cage, their food dishes, water bottle, hay rack, and hidey houses, along with some Oxbow food and hay.

Last edited:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
My other pigs are:

This is Brown Pig. He's brown (obviously) with some black hairs mixed in; he's short-haired, and he was born in October 2004. He's very playful and loves to popcorn.

He lives with:

This is Piglet. He's a short-haired tri-color (yellow, black, and white). He was the runt of his litter (born in August 2004) and is still on the small size. But he's the sweetest pig ever, and he loves to play with his cage mate, Brown Pig.

If someone takes both boys together, they can go with their cage (a 2x3 C&C cage equivalent), hidey houses, food dish, water bottle, and some Oxbow food and hay.

Last edited:

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
And finally, here is Hamm.

Hamm is the sweetest pig ever. She currently lives with Cheddar and Pindin, and they are overcrowded in their current 2x3 C&C cage equivalent. We love Hamm very, very much; she's extra special to us. The only reason we're considering rehoming her is because once Pindin and Cheddar leave, Hamm will have to live alone (our 2 remaining pigs are male.) If someone could provide Hamm with an extra special home, we might be willing to let her go, just to prevent her from being lonely. We'd love her to go with Pindin and Cheddar, if possible.

jsmhwyatt

Cavy Slave
Hamm's pic did not come up!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
That's strange. I see it ... she's sitting in front of Pindin and Cheddar. I'll repost it.

JennG

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you have to rehome your babies. I'm sure this has been a very difficult decision. If I were closer, I'd come and snatch up Hamm. She's a doll. Actually, all your piggies are adorable. Good luck.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Hamm is a pretty wonderful girl. It makes me feel physically ill to think of giving her up, but I'd hate for her to have to live alone. I wish you did live closer - you're someone I could feel good about rehoming her, too. :)

It was a horribly difficult decision to rehome some of my pigs (and some of my chins, too). I know that my husband and I have made the best decision for my health and our family, but that doesn't make it any easier.

I'm not having a whole lot of luck placing them, either, which is unfortunate. <sigh> Poor pigs.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Is it true or maybe not, that Texas has alot of piggies in shelters/rescues? Just curious. If it's true, that may be why you can't find any homes (decent ones). If I were closer, I'd consider smuggling her in (under hubby's nose, of course). Good luck.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Wish I could help if I was closer.

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
That's so sad why are you giving up so many animals?

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I'm not wanting to put all the reasons why my husband and I feel it's necessary to rehome some of our animals on the internet. If you're interested in adopting some of the pigs, then please PM me, and I'll tell you all about it.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Susan, it's really none of our business any ways. Somethings are not for public view. Good luck.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Are Piglet and Brown Pig both submissive?

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Yes, Piglet and Brown Pig are both fairly submissive, Piglet more so than Brown Pig is. When my 4 boys hang out together, Junior rules the roost, but Son-of-Pig comes a close second. Brown Pig sometimes gives Son-of-Pig a run for his money, but not often.

Piglet and Brown Pig have been together since they were babies, and amazingly have had no real dominance issues between them. Piglet is such a sweetie - I think he'd get along with anyone.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Jenn - yeah, Texas Rustlers is overflowing with guinea pigs. They have about 200 in their rescue right now.

It's funny - when we decided to rehome some of our pigs and chins I got 62 phone calls for the chins in less than a week and only 2 for the pigs. One of the pig calls was a child and the other was someone who sounded great, but ended up being a rehoming disaster. :(

JennG

Cavy Slave
I figured that may hinder your search. Good luck with it. I hope you find great homes for all of them.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I do too. Since Texas Rustlers has so many, they weren't able to help me out at all. If I can't find homes, I guess they'll be staying with me. I really think it would be better for everyone concerned (me, pigs, husband, future baby) if they could find new homes though. I'm very sad about that fact. :(

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Sorry I am not closer and able to help you out. Hopefully someone will come along soon to help you.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Fairly sumbmissive, I have a boar that has to be top pig (I like somewhat close to you, and have a slight chance of getting them). How do you think they would be with a pig who is very dominate?

JennG

Cavy Slave
Go Mu! Go Mu! You know you've been wanting to add to your herd. Make sure mom and dad are on board, too. ;) It would be nice to have them close or at least someone you partially know that can send pigtures. I hope it works out.

And Susan, I forgot about your bun in the oven. When's it done cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.