Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dallas Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need any further explanation, please take it to a private message to any of the moderators. There is no need to clog up Susan's thread with this.

Okay. Sorry for taking your thread up.

<3 I'm going to answer your question of why Susan, and anyone else who cares about their GPs they have up for adoption, won't give you an animal.

-You do not yet know much about Guinea pigs their care, housing and needs.
-Your mother gave away your 2 puppies.
-Instead of getting a puppy or two from the SPCA, Humane society, etc, you bought from a breeder.
-You bought puppies without even knowing their sex.
-You bought Cockapoos from a breeder. In otherwords you bought MUTTS from the WORST kind of breeder. A breeder who not only breedes mutts just to make money but one that will sell said animals to owners sight unseen and then ship them from N. Carolina to Texas on a plane.

Obviously you do not think things out before you get new pets and the animals end up suffering because of your lack of foresight. You obviously support breeding, therefore no one will trust you not to breed any pets placed with you.

I certainly would not place an animal with you; Not even a fish.

Sorry to hijack your thread Susan. I just couldn't hold it in any longer.

I_<3_cavies said:
Should I just not post anything on this forum just questions? Maybe that would help me not get in trouble.

I think you should spend lots more time researching and learning about your pets than you do accumulating them. *BEFORE* getting a pet, you should have basic information. This includes:

- how to properly sex the animal(s); this includes spay/neuter if necessary to prevent becoming part of the overpopulation problem of almost all pets
- financial ability (or agreement by parents) to properly care for the animal at a reputable veterinarian, knowledgeable in that particular species
- how to house and feed the animal(s) in order to give them a healthy, nutritionally complete diet

Posting whatever you need to get to the point where you are a responsible pet owner, not an irresponsible collector of animals would be appreciated. The animals are the only ones who suffer in a situation like that, and it's not fair. *steps off soap box*

I_<_cavies - I'm sorry, but I will not adopt one of my pigs to you for the reasons I outlined in your other thread.

Don't worry about hijacking my thread - you all made good points that I think I_<_cavies needed to read.

Susan, Cheddar looks like an awesome pig. I have visited her picture a couple times.

So sorry you have to rehome some of your babies, but we all understand.

Im sorry if its really late to post in this thread but, have you found homes for them yet? (I know your not going to adopt out to me but just trying to keep them updated)

No, I haven't found homes for them yet. I've had a few lined up, but they've all fallen through at the last minute. I'm frustrated and getting desperate ... it's very unfortunate.

Aw, Im sorry Susan. They are very pretty I bet theyll find homes.

Just wanted to update ...

My husband and I have talked, and we're prepared to meet people half way of almost anywhere they're coming from in order to rehome some of these pigs. :)

I'm a trying Susan, I'm trying.

Hi Susan,
I'm a new Dallas/Mesquite piggie owner. We will be getting our piggie in 2-3 weeks. I don't know if it is male or female yet. It was born on Sunday. We might be interested in adopting a friend for the new baby. Do you think you have a pig that would work for us?
Steph

Your baby will definitely need a friend. I have 2 boys that I would prefer go together, as they've lived together all their lives. I have 2 (possibly 3 girls) as well, and I would prefer that they go together also. I guess it depends on what sex your new pig is and whether or not you're willing to take 2 pigs in addition to your baby. Please let me know.

Mu - I know you're trying. I appreciate it. :)

Oh Susan, if I were just alittle closer, I'd come down and snatch Hamm from ya. I really hope you find them good homes. Good luck. I'm sure the right ones will come along.

Re: Dallas Pigs (Pictures included)

Susan, If you still have your piggies and still need to re home them. I am an older lady who loves animals, I had piggies as a teen but not any since. I am close to Longview, Tx. Let me hear from you. Linda

Hi Linda - thanks for your interest in my pigs. I sent you an email in reply. :) I look foward to hearing more from you.

Last edited:
Dang it, I really wish I was a lot closer. We look close on a small map, but the real world works differently. I would take your boys in a heart beat.

janetangel-Trust me. I understand. If I was closer, I'd go and get her little Hamm.

You guys are so sweet about my pigs. I wish they could go to you all, especially you Jenn. I know you'd treat my Hamm well. (that really doesn't sound right, does it? :))

Susan, I know this must be so emotionally draining trying to find the perfect homes for your babies. I look up to you for taking your time and not adopting to the first ones who seem interested, but are not really "what you had in mind".

You will find homes for your furry friends, stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.