Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dallas Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Well, it's not quite in the oven yet. Currently it looks like some of the "mixing" will have to be done in a more scientific approach than my husband and I were using. This is one of the reasons we've decided that we need to rehome some of pigs. Fertility treatment is extremely stressful and expensive.

Mu - I don't think Piglet or Brown Pig would fight terribly much to be the dominate pig. Well, I know Piglet won't, unless he under goes a radical personality change, but I'm pretty sure Brown Pig won't. I"d be so thrilled to have them go to someone I know from the forum and who I know will take good care of them! (No pressure, of course :)) Let me know what else I can tell you - I'll be glad to supply any info I can.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Jenn-I need to make sure they will get along with Mo before asking.

Hmm, thats very good. It is best to know what their personalities are before getting them to make sure they get along with Mo.

I hope you will be able to get the bun in the oven, Susan.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Me, too. Trying to "mix the batter" (so to speak) without any success is incredibly frustrating and depressing. <sigh>

Are you interested in just Piglet or just Brown Pig or both? If both, you can take their cage, too, but I doubt it will be big enough for 3 pigs. It's an alternate C&C cage, the equivalent of a 2x3. Of course, you can take their hidey houses and food bowls and stuff, too. If your parents need convincing, I'd be glad to send them information on the pigs as well.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I'm interested in both (I couldn't split them up). What are the materials used for the alternate cage? If I can get them I would put them in the cage I have now (it is a 3x4 with a 2x4 upper level and soon to be a hay loft). I would probably take their hidey houses and other things. I have 3 guinea pigs right now and with your two it would make it 5. Mo was just the only one I was worried about not getting along with them. I will send you a PM so you can send me the info on the pigs and I will send it or print it our for them.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
You've got a big cage. :)

Their cage was made by my dad. It's wood with chicken wire mesh, but I still use the coroplast box from the original C&C cage idea. The basic principle is the same, but I use the wood/wire instead of the cubes to surround the coroplast box.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I mostly want the coroplast (for other levels...), but could take the wood/wire if you have no room for it and don't want it and I could find something to do with it eventually (maybe cage outside for occasional grass eating).

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
You're welcome to whatever you'd like (within reason, of course :)) The cage - the wood/mesh part - is not very easy to transport unless you have quite a large vehicle. My husband and I managed to get one in the back of my VW bug with the back seat lying down, but the back hatch wouldn't close, so we had to tie it down. Just so you're forwarned.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
It would probably be best not to take that then.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Susan9608 said:
Well, it's not quite in the oven yet. Currently it looks like some of the "mixing" will have to be done in a more scientific approach than my husband and I were using.
I have a 575W 6qt Kitchenaid mixer you can borrow if you need it. ;)

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I've heard those are really good. :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure about for the buns you're trying to mix up, but yeah, it's fabulous!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Well, I'm eating to take my blues away and trying to learn to cook, so a regular "mixer" would be pretty good, too. I think the whole scientific process is just a gentler, smaller version anyways.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
:) I didn't mean to hijack your thread about the piggies, but let me know, and I can wrangle a few recipes for you sometime if you want.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Recipes would be great, as long as they don't require too much in the way of effort. I'm a really, really bad cook, even with stuff that comes out of a box.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
My Baby Mu - have you talked to your parents yet? We're still looking at weekends for a drive down, so let me know! :)

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
I've heard that high elevation, such as is experienced during travel on a plane, can help mix dough. I'm not saying join the Mile High club, but maybe a romantic getaway to a warm place for a little while?

(I hope that was not inappropriate).

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Not at all, Nonamiam. I'll take all the advice, suggestions, tips, etc. I can get at this point. :)

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
nonamian_girl said:
I've heard that high elevation, such as is experienced during travel on a plane, can help mix dough. I'm not saying join the Mile High club, but maybe a romantic getaway to a warm place for a little while?

(I hope that was not inappropriate).

Hehe. That was awesome.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Susan-I am trying, I will let you know as soon as I hear something (I am thinking about the two all the time). I have thought of new plans.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Okay! Just let me know. :) Thanks, Mu

Status
Not open for further replies.