Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Gizmo with pics

munchkin

Cavy Slave
So, I'm sitting in my livingroom, folding clothes yesterday when my phone rings. It was my vet. A woman had come in on Friday to get help in sexing her new litter. (another apparent case of petshop mishandling) After checking them over, it was discovered that she had two girls and one little boy. The woman wasn't sure how old the babies were but figured they were right around three to four weeks. She had thought that she had three girls until the little guy started trying to do what little guys try to do. (Yeah, that is going to turn out well. Can anyone say OOPS?) So Doc R. told her that he knew of someone who might be willing to take in the little fellow, that he would have a good life with lots of brothers to play with and show him the ropes. I was called and basically told that if I couldn't take him the woman wanted him euthanized. Well, what else could I do? I arranged for my husband to pick him up on his way home from "Daddy -Daughter day" at the college. Gizmo joined my family last night at about 9:30pm. Now since we don't have any rescues around here, but lots of pet stores, I deal mostly with rehomes. I think the youngest I have ever gotten was approximately three months. Dealing with one this young is totally new to me. He has no idea what veggies are, let alone what to do with them. Thankfully, I still have some cavy performance left over in the freezer from Alphie who just transitioned to the cavy cuisine. I'll have to get some hay today for him. After quarentine, he will join my four boys in a 29.5 square foot custom cage, if intros go well. My daughter had the privilege of naming this one. So everyone, I'd like to introduce you to Gizmo.
Gizmo.jpg

Gizmo2.jpg

Gizmo3.jpg

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Oh, he is darling! Congrats.

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
OHHHHHH----so tiny :) He is cute. Great job on saving the poor little guy!

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Oh, isn't he just so cute, and, that women, I don't know how anyone could do that.

munchkin

Cavy Slave
Aertyn said:
I don't know how anyone could do that.

Tell me about it. Like I said, what else could I do? I just had to take him. The vet called and once he said "euthanized", I knew I was going to take him.

I_<3_cavies

Cavy Slave
Thats so nice munchkin!!!! Good luck he looks really sweet.

kimgrif

Cavy Slave
Adorable!!! I'm so glad you were able to take him! I just don't understand heartless people...

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I'm glad you were able to take him. He is such a cutie.

munchkin

Cavy Slave
So, I thought, since I am introducing my new little guy, I'd get some updated pics of the other boys on here and give some info on how they got their names.

Rocky: He came with that name and he knows it, so I thought why change now.
b86eee6b.jpg

Cookie / Rex: Well, "He started out as cookie, came with that name, but after calling him a her a few million times, we thought we needed to change it. Since he looks like a rex rabbit, we started to call him Rex.
Cookie-Rex.jpg

Checker: When we first got Checker he was in the floor with my daughter and she was playing checkers, He kept pushing the checker pieces around with his nose, so Checker was the obvious choice.
0475f90b.jpg

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
He is so cute and so tiny. I remember when my Ringo was that small.

munchkin

Cavy Slave
Now finally, Alphie: My husband named him. He said that he looked like a smaller version of the alien from the ALF TV show. Not wanting to call him Alf, I settled on Alphie.

b7a2065d.jpg

I can hardly wait to introduce the boys to our newest addtion. But Gizmo will just have to wait, as will I. We have a good two to three weeks before we can even think about intros.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Oh he is such a cutie also.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
They are cuties.

jsmhwyatt

Cavy Slave
He is so cute! I can not believe that woman!!! That is so disturbing! Thankfully there are kind people in this world like you to take him!!

twinkies

Cavy Slave
Soooo cute! You got some handsome boys there munchkin.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
It's really lucky that your vet called you! He's precious.

csharpmajor

Cavy Slave
Awwwwww. He's like a little mini-pig. I'm glad you took him in :3

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Awww, so tiny! All of your pigs are adorable!

JennG

Cavy Slave
I love looking at how cute everyone's piggies are and you have a good lookin' bunch there. Gizmo is so tiny and very precious. Of course, my mom has a dog named Gizmo but we call him Gizzie.

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
So cute and small!! All you pids are adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.